Didn't fare so well??

retranger

Didn't fare so well??

Postby retranger » October 19th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Well bow, muzzle and turkey season is over for us fellows up north. I drew the bow on a turkey and could't hold it. Have a torn roto cuff and now its worse. Will have to hang up the bow or have the shoulder repaired. Didn't see any deer but we did manage to harvest two nice hens. My work and hunting buddy wanted to hunt muzzle season this year, (he is 89) so I spent my time with him. He would not have been able to get out other wise, so I feel good about our early season and we had a good time. Time well spent, I think I fared really well. :P :P
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

kygobbler

Re: Didn't fare so well??

Postby kygobbler » October 19th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Hate to hear that your season is over but that was nice to take your hunting buddy out. I hope when I get 89 I can still be able to go out and do little hunting even if I need a little assisstance.

retranger wrote:I drew the bow on a turkey and could't hold it

Have you looked at maybe using a cross bow? If I remember correctly Barnett has one that has a self cocking device. All you have to do is press a button. I think it worked off a CO2 cartridge.

retranger

Re: Didn't fare so well??

Postby retranger » October 20th, 2012, 8:05 am

Gobbler I was never interested in a cross bow and its only been the last few years that they were legal here, unless you had a special disability permit. I may just get the shoulder repaired, I had my right one done 3 years ago. The surgery itself is simple but recovery time is like 3 months.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Return to New York