Ambushing spring turkeys

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
greyghost

RE: Ambushing spring turkeys

Postby greyghost » February 24th, 2009, 10:53 am

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

I am one heck of a stalker.  Maybe some day I will show you how a truly versatile hunter hunts and how a stalk is put on if your man enough to try something different and not be so egocentric.

Talk about egocentric.

I learned to stalk them from a local native american friend, never be seen and carefully pick your point of attacks.  His ancestors taught him how to stalk turkey and deer and take each with a bow every year with this very method, but you wouldn't have respect for that would you guys.

If only you knew how much repsect I have for the Native American. Those days were a lot different for hunting then today. For one thing the amount of hunters in the woods with guns today.

Then again, how would you know, you have your heads in the sand just calling all the time, never listening to anyone else's approach to the game including stalking, dog hunts or the like.  Stubborn and ignorant to the fact that there is more than one way to skin a cat in this world.

Can't speak for anyone else, I am all ears when it comes to different styles and methods of hunting. Even tried a few, except stalking, trying to stay within the threads contexts. And to me is very dangerous today, especially when I have turned around from a setup and was looking down the barrel of a shotgun 2 times, once public and private ground, yea one was PA. Know 2 folks shot by someone stalking turkeys (neither were seriosly injured, but one does not even hunt anymore) both times the excusses were I heard a bird and thought I could sneak up on it, not trying to get around on it and set up. Those are enough stubborn and ignorant reasons I need.    

No wonder folks are leaving this forum left and right for other more pleasant company.  You give this site a foul stench and critisize folks at every corner.  I would throw your behinds out of my camp the first night you would pull remarks like this.  I'm guessing either one of you have very little friends in any.  And if you did, I would bet my best rifle they would wait until you are out of earshot to tell me how they really feel about you.  I have had about enough of your destructive criticism here and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one.

I have never been thrown out of a camp for my opinion but I guess there will always be the first time. And then you say about friends making statements behind someones back when they are not there, I am sure that is never the case with you and your friends. My friends and I are man or woman enough to tell each other to their faces. Honesty and integrity go a long ways with me and other folks I know. Same as I respect your opinions on here, no matter how they are directed. 

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » February 24th, 2009, 11:26 am

ORIGINAL: greyghost

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

I am one heck of a stalker.  Maybe some day I will show you how a truly versatile hunter hunts and how a stalk is put on if your man enough to try something different and not be so egocentric.

Talk about egocentric.

I am not egocentric;  I was merely defending myself from the previous post by Turkeycomander stating "you must be one helluva stalker".  It was a sarcastic and dick move on his part, so I felt compelled to respond and answer his question.  I am not the best stalker I know of, but I would like to say that I know a thing or two about it.  You are insinuating at this point.

I learned to stalk them from a local native american friend, never be seen and carefully pick your point of attacks.  His ancestors taught him how to stalk turkey and deer and take each with a bow every year with this very method, but you wouldn't have respect for that would you guys.

If only you knew how much repsect I have for the Native American. Those days were a lot different for hunting then today. For one thing the amount of hunters in the woods with guns today.

Doesn't mean you cannot use the tactic or it be considered unethical in some states.

Then again, how would you know, you have your heads in the sand just calling all the time, never listening to anyone else's approach to the game including stalking, dog hunts or the like.  Stubborn and ignorant to the fact that there is more than one way to skin a cat in this world.

Can't speak for anyone else, I am all ears when it comes to different styles and methods of hunting. Even tried a few, except stalking, trying to stay within the threads contexts. And to me is very dangerous today, especially when I have turned around from a setup and was looking down the barrel of a shotgun 2 times, once public and private ground, yea one was PA. Know 2 folks shot by someone stalking turkeys (neither were seriosly injured, but one does not even hunt anymore) both times the excusses were I heard a bird and thought I could sneak up on it, not trying to get around on it and set up. Those are enough stubborn and ignorant reasons I need.    

Just cause your scared to do it don't make others wrong for trying it if its legal. 

No wonder folks are leaving this forum left and right for other more pleasant company.  You give this site a foul stench and critisize folks at every corner.  I would throw your behinds out of my camp the first night you would pull remarks like this.  I'm guessing either one of you have very little friends in any.  And if you did, I would bet my best rifle they would wait until you are out of earshot to tell me how they really feel about you.  I have had about enough of your destructive criticism here and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one.

I have never been thrown out of a camp for my opinion but I guess there will always be the first time. And then you say about friends making statements behind someones back when they are not there, I am sure that is never the case with you and your friends. My friends and I are man or woman enough to tell each other to their faces. Honesty and integrity go a long ways with me and other folks I know. Same as I respect your opinions on here, no matter how they are directed. 

Honesty and integrity have nothing to do with being a jerk and are totally exclusive of one another and therefore are rarely ever qualities that someone has if they belittle others, as jerks do.  I'm not talking about being man enough to tell someone they are wrong or have a problem, but doing it in the proper manner with some RESPECT is something a few people need to learn on this forum.  I capitalized respect because rarely do I see it from the people I speak of when they add their comments or point of view on a matter.  That is the problem with much of today's society, lack of respect and if people can't see it here, well, then maybe those that can't are just another contributor to the problem.
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » February 24th, 2009, 11:27 am

ORIGINAL: StevePA

...The real saying goes..." I wouldnt #$%^ in your mouth if it was on fire..."..

Yeah?

Cite your evidence...unless it's because you said so, then don't bother, as your judgment is obviously suspect.

StevePA

Postby StevePA » February 24th, 2009, 11:34 am

turkeykiller

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » February 24th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Like I thought; all mouth (fingers).

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » February 24th, 2009, 12:33 pm

ORIGINAL: silvestris

I started frequenting this forum a little over a year ago and it is ten times more informative now than it was then.  Yeah, a lot of people are opinionated, but most of those who are opinionated have years of experience to back up their opinions.  It is up to each person to decide how they choose to pursue this great bird, but one should not expect everyone to praise all tactics.  I can take a little ear burning so long as I am able to glean useful information from the site.

Thank you. 

I, for one, appreciate a well-written, civil reply/post. 

I can easily agree to disagree when the posting is in this style. 

I, in fact, have even been known to change my mind on occasion in the face of a well-reasoned, civil debate.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » February 24th, 2009, 12:51 pm

ORIGINAL: Magnumdood

ORIGINAL: silvestris

I started frequenting this forum a little over a year ago and it is ten times more informative now than it was then.  Yeah, a lot of people are opinionated, but most of those who are opinionated have years of experience to back up their opinions.  It is up to each person to decide how they choose to pursue this great bird, but one should not expect everyone to praise all tactics.  I can take a little ear burning so long as I am able to glean useful information from the site.

Thank you. 

I, for one, appreciate a well-written, civil reply/post. 

I can easily agree to disagree when the posting is in this style. 

I, in fact, have even been known to change my mind on occasion in the face of a well-reasoned, civil debate.

Much agreed.  Three cheers to magnumdood for his civility as well.
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 24th, 2009, 1:30 pm

dmcianfa, no insinuating, just fact.
Never said the tactic was unethical.
Scared, you got to be kidding, you don't know me.
Respect, one must earn it/ works both ways.

I can do this till death, but whats the point.

steelheadr

Postby steelheadr » February 25th, 2009, 3:57 am

Please let's not fight amongst ourselves.  Hunters attacking hunters make me sick and the anti's just laugh. You got to make our sport and lives respectable

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » February 25th, 2009, 4:14 am

You are absolutely correct, steelheadr. The more this forum bickers childishly, the more ammo the antis have to use against hunters. If hunters truly are "the bigger person" in the hunting vs. anti-hunting debate, then hunters have to be "the bigger person" when interacting amongst themselves. Don't tell the world hunters are respectful, civil, ethical people. Show them.

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion