Had a little fun in the stand tonight!

ticklishtompro

Had a little fun in the stand tonight!

Postby ticklishtompro » October 1st, 2012, 10:27 pm

I decided tonight to go out and do a little bowhunting. I was only in the stand for a little while when I thought I heard some kee kee's. Sure enough I did. So I started whistling back mimicking them, and they started coming. So I got my bow ready and gave them a few whistles every now and then. While they came to where I could see them, they never came quite close enough. Instead they decided to go up to roost about 50 yards from me. It was neat watching them jocky around positions up in the trees, pretty much eye level and a little above. They would decide another tree looked better and fly over to that one, Then one of the others would fly over to the other and just made a lot of comotion. That's why I love bowhunting. You can sit and observe and enjoy natures show. Definetely the best channel available!! :D

Randy
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

ylpnfol

Re: Had a little fun in the stand tonight!

Postby ylpnfol » October 2nd, 2012, 8:23 am

thats exactly why i took up bow hunting, to be in the woods to find out where the turkeys were hanging out, and if i got a deer in the process, well that was just a bonus, i have come to love bow hunting too, getting out early and getting up close and personal w/ deer is cool, good luck on those trail cam bucks, coupla nice ones, if you are in the roost area again, bust 'em up before you leave in the dark, then go back the next morning and call one up & fill another one of those tags in your pocket....
David

You never know, unless you go

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » October 3rd, 2012, 7:34 pm

ticklishtompro wrote: That's why I love bowhunting. You can sit and observe and enjoy natures show. Definetely the best channel available!

Agreed, the problem around this area though is the deer outnumber the turkeys and do not give a bowhunter a chance to relax. I had to kill 3 of them last weekend. :D
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 4th, 2012, 7:38 pm

charlie elk wrote:
ticklishtompro wrote: That's why I love bowhunting. You can sit and observe and enjoy natures show. Definetely the best channel available!

Agreed, the problem around this area though is the deer outnumber the turkeys and do not give a bowhunter a chance to relax. I had to kill 3 of them last weekend. :D

Around this part of the state it's the other way around, turkey outnumber the deer 5 to 1. I've only seen 1 deer since the season has started, while out turkey hunting, that includes driving to and from the area I hunt.
Congrats on your deer charlie ;) .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » October 4th, 2012, 9:56 pm

Thanks.
This is a herd control area; Deer tags ($2) are cheaper than turkey tags ($10) and basically no limit on either one. Right now we are living in the good old days of hunting. :D
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Return to Wisconsin