Any E. Tenn hunters

Hoosiernavy

Any E. Tenn hunters

Postby Hoosiernavy » February 19th, 2009, 4:03 am

Hey all,
just wanted to check in to see if we had any E. Tenn hunters out there. I hunt on my wifes family ground in Union Co.

Took my first bird ever in Tennessee last year on the rainiest day I had ever been in, I swear if me and that turkey would have been any wetter we would have been classified as fish.
20lbs 9.5in beard 1inch spurs

Hope to add to him this year and get some of his realitives.

"Go afield with a good attitude, and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and for the forests and fields in which you walk"- Fred Bear

Southern Yankee

RE: Any E. Tenn hunters

Postby Southern Yankee » February 23rd, 2009, 2:33 pm

Hi Hoosiernavy, I'm in Carter county, this will be my first time turkey hunting this spring.  Gary

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » February 23rd, 2009, 2:49 pm

Hey there,I am from carter co.been hunting here all my life.Glad to see some fellows from east tn. here.Hunt public land most of the time.

Southern Yankee

Postby Southern Yankee » February 23rd, 2009, 3:06 pm

Hi, We moved to Hampton a little over a year ago, I thought I would try the national forest up along the east side of Watuga Lake .

Hoosiernavy

Postby Hoosiernavy » February 23rd, 2009, 3:51 pm

All my wifes family is in Union County, around Norris Lake.

Southern Yankee

Postby Southern Yankee » February 23rd, 2009, 4:18 pm

We don't have any family here, all of the kids, grandkids, and greatgrandkids are still shoveling snow in upstate NY. We left NY in '94, too much snow and cold!!

Gobblernut

Postby Gobblernut » February 23rd, 2009, 4:26 pm

Hoosiernavy, Gobblernut here in southwest Va. Big stone gap to be exact..Never turkey hunted there but have done alot fishing there. Hollar back if you ever need a sidekick to make em gobble..
Gobblernut

You can't kill'em sittin on the couch!!!!

Hoosiernavy

Postby Hoosiernavy » February 24th, 2009, 2:36 am

Man small world, my wife's best friend is from Big Stone, Gap. but now resides in Johnson City, Tn.

I am looking forward to this season, going to make it a challenge going to a couple of TVA spots that you can only access by boat.

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » February 24th, 2009, 4:00 pm

Hey southern Yankee, there are a couple of guys that I work with hunt up that way,I use to hear them from the lake while I was fishing,but never hunt up there.Have you been scouting ?

Southern Yankee

Postby Southern Yankee » February 28th, 2009, 6:07 am

Hi rbewilson, Sorry it took so long to reply! I am new to turkey hunting, but I have been reading every thing I could. One of the things that I read about said it was best to wait until about 10-14 days before the season started to scout because of the changing flocks, and distribution of the birds. I don't know if this is a standard practice or not. What is your thoughts?

Next

Return to Tennessee