So hunting boots, what do you like?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
dewey

Re: So hunting boots, what do you like?

Postby dewey » September 25th, 2012, 10:22 pm

I have talked with a few friends and they recommended the Danner Pronghorns so I will take a look at them possibly this weekend at Cabela's.

Dewey
Last edited by dewey on September 27th, 2012, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » September 26th, 2012, 8:47 pm

I have several pairs of boots and like each of them for different things. I have some high sanke boots, by Rocky, that I've had for many years. They are very comfortable and comforting when I'm hunting the snake infested cliffs here in Southern Illinois. I have a pair of Danner boots that are light but very sturdy that I wear a lot in the spring and early fall.

I also have a pair of LaCrosse rubber boots that are great in the snow and goose pits and another pair that are well insulated for deer hunting.

Each of them have a place and work very well for what they were intended.

Lastly, I have an old pair of Nike boots that my son gave me many years ago that I wear around our place when I'm mowing or doing work in the trees and just about anything else. They are very well broken-in (Doris says worn out) but as long as they stay together, I'm keeping them.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » September 27th, 2012, 7:06 pm

I like the L.L.Bean boots and when the weather turns cold I wear them with the shearling and thinsulate lined version.
When the snakes are out I wear the Danner Snake Boot.

Jon
Turkeybuster

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » September 28th, 2012, 10:22 am

I started wearing snakeboots several years ago. I normally don't run into many snakes but the comfort and protection from high wet grass and thorns is great on protecting my legs and keeping me warm. Rockey Boots
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » September 28th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Just got a new pair of BOGS copperhead 18" snake boots today. They are a combination of waterproof rubber style boots with the protection of snake boots built in, they also have the antimicrobial odor proofing as well. Time will tell if they are going to be comfortable for long walking, they felt great in the store. I got them for a number of reasons, but one main reason was that I was able to tuck in my hunting pants comfortably unlike some of the other snake boots I tried (they are zipper style too).
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

hawglips

Postby hawglips » October 8th, 2012, 10:22 am

I wear Lacrosse Burleys 90% of the time unless I'm out west.

grizzly

Postby grizzly » October 8th, 2012, 4:08 pm

always been a big fan of Red Head Bone Dry canvas boots in the spring and fall . when it gets cold artic Muck boots keep my toes toasty warm.....wayne

Rob n

Postby Rob n » October 19th, 2012, 1:07 pm

I turkey hunt in uninsulated rocky cordura goretex lace up boots with a side zipper. For deer hunting I have three pair of lacrosse alpha burly's one uninsulated, one with 800g of thinsulate, and one with 1200g of thinsulate. Each does a great job and i change them out for the weather conditions depending on how cold it will be.

dewey

Postby dewey » October 19th, 2012, 5:21 pm

I decided to get the Danner Pronghorn with 400 grams of thinsulate. I figured they would be better than the 800 grams of thinsulate which I was worried would get to warm in the spring. I used them in Montana pheasant hunting and they were great. I will also use them again this weekend fall turkey hunting.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion