National Hunting & Fishing Days

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
allaboutshooting

National Hunting & Fishing Days

Postby allaboutshooting » September 21st, 2012, 4:22 pm

Tomorrow the celebration of National Hunting & Fishing Days begins. At John A. Logan College in Carterville, IL the celebration has already begun and will end about 5:00 P.M. on Sunday. During that time thousands upon thousands of folks, many familiers, will visit and particpate in all kinds of outdoor activities. There will be bears, cougars and wolves, along with a fishing derby, dock dog contests, primitive camping, clays shoot, exhibition shooting, and several hundred vendors or all things outdoors.

Hopefully, you have similar celebrations near where you are and I'd encourage you to go out and celebrate our hunting & fishing heritage.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: National Hunting & Fishing Days

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » September 21st, 2012, 7:15 pm

We used to have one here in WI. just like it, but for some unknown reason they canceled it? I miss going to it, it gave you a chance to see all the new products coming out and try out all the guns, bows, 4 wheelers, trucks, and other outdoor stuff.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » September 24th, 2012, 3:59 pm

I did a flintknapping demonstration at National Hunting & Fishing Day here 3 years ago. It was fun, but it was also kind of nerve racking because about the time I'd finish describing the entire process to someone and they'd walk off, and another person would step up and want the whole deal all over again. I didn't stop talking all day long and could barely make a sound by the end of the day. I would have liked to had the chance to get up and bump around a little but I couldn't leave my stuff unattended.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » September 26th, 2012, 10:58 am

They set a new record at the one here this weekend with over 46,000 folks attending. It was great weather and there were several new attractions and vendors which always helps. It brings a lot of people to the area, filling up motels, etc.

Anything that gives hunting & fishing some favorable publicity is a good thing.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion