What are your 2013 hunt plans?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
gouldshunter

Re: What are your 2013 hunt plans?

Postby gouldshunter » September 6th, 2012, 10:36 am

Pray my 84 year old dad who has Parkinson's stays healthy long enough to take him on his last hunt (most probably last hunt of any kind) in Florida for Osceola and Georgia for Eastern. Then after that it won't really matter because my season will be complete, if I'm lucky on the draw I'll either hunt Rio's or Goulds in Arizona, but definitely hunt Merriam's in Arizona, New Mexico and if any time left I will hunt a bird in California.

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » September 6th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Sorry to hear about your father, I will keep him in my prayers.
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » September 6th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Mossberg835 wrote:Sorry to hear about your father, I will keep him in my prayers.

thank you for the prayers.

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » September 6th, 2012, 2:28 pm

dewey wrote:
Duke0002 wrote:I'll second Dewey's motion, and amend it to include pics. All in favor, say "Aye." Opposed, same sign.

Motion carries as amended!

I will happily amend the motion to include anything you can tell us about the trip such as what outfitters you looked at, special considerations when flying into Mexico with a firearm, and any other detail that you would be willing to share.

Good luck on the hunt and please keep us in the loop.

Dewey

Dewey,

I am probably the biggest procrastinator there is but I have been planning on doing a story on my most recent Ocellated hunt (spring 2012) and would be happy to post it here when I'm finished. Please don't expect it anytime soon, I have a grouse hunt this weekend then I have to help my nephews and friends fill four early archery bull elk tags starting next week which goes for two weeks then the day after that ends I have a friend with a rifle bull elk tag. Busy month ahead.

dewey

Postby dewey » September 6th, 2012, 10:14 pm

gouldshunter wrote:
dewey wrote:
Duke0002 wrote:I'll second Dewey's motion, and amend it to include pics. All in favor, say "Aye." Opposed, same sign.

Motion carries as amended!

I will happily amend the motion to include anything you can tell us about the trip such as what outfitters you looked at, special considerations when flying into Mexico with a firearm, and any other detail that you would be willing to share.

Good luck on the hunt and please keep us in the loop.

Dewey

Dewey,

I am probably the biggest procrastinator there is but I have been planning on doing a story on my most recent Ocellated hunt (spring 2012) and would be happy to post it here when I'm finished. Please don't expect it anytime soon, I have a grouse hunt this weekend then I have to help my nephews and friends fill four early archery bull elk tags starting next week which goes for two weeks then the day after that ends I have a friend with a rifle bull elk tag. Busy month ahead.

I look forward to seeing and reading the hunting recap of your Ocellated hunt. Heck while your at it if you could give us a hunting recap of you upcoming elk hunts.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » September 7th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Guess I'm going to hang close to home, "maybe" a trip to Georgia to hunt with my cousin for 2013 season. Hope to get birds this fall, it's been two unsuccessful years for me so far. Guess I'm just gonna' have to work on it.
By the way. congratulations gouldshunter for getting the picture of your bird in the September/October issue of "Turkey Country". Love the "Freddy Krueger" of the turkey world comment.
Prayers for you and your Dad, my wife's Mom was in the same boat.
Good hunting to all,
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » September 11th, 2012, 2:00 am

It's looking more and more like my 2013 spring turkey hunting plans will
include a hunt in the deep south. I made a new friend in my taxidermy class who loves turkey hunting just as much as I do. He has gone on quite a few out of state hunts including Kansas last year where he filled both his tags. We talked about possibly going down south during spring break and are already planning a trip to go hit up some steelhead and browns in about a month. I'm excited!!!! :D :D :D :D

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » September 19th, 2012, 8:03 am

Dixie Belle wrote:Guess I'm going to hang close to home, "maybe" a trip to Georgia to hunt with my cousin for 2013 season. Hope to get birds this fall, it's been two unsuccessful years for me so far. Guess I'm just gonna' have to work on it.
By the way. congratulations gouldshunter for getting the picture of your bird in the September/October issue of "Turkey Country". Love the "Freddy Krueger" of the turkey world comment.
Prayers for you and your Dad, my wife's Mom was in the same boat.
Good hunting to all,
Ted

Thanks DB at first I didn't know what you were talking about I took a little break from elk hunting (which is not going to well at this time) and picked up a copy of "Turkey Country" and saw the picture of my Ocellated. Like the "Freddy Krueger" comment myself and never thought of naming my turkey even though I have names for all my elk. I also like "Cinco De Myan" but the bird might have six spurs it will take a much closer look. Thanks for the prayers too.

Bill

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » September 19th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Holy crap man, a 6 spurred turkey, that's AWESOME!!! :D

dewey

Postby dewey » November 21st, 2012, 2:45 pm

So I have been going back and forth the last couple of weeks on the idea of going back to Kansas to hunt for Rio's in the dame area I did last spring. My friend and I both have a terrible taste in our mouths from what the twins did to us last spring. I am thinking about going back for another hunt for the sole purpose of taking the twins out. Those freaking bad birds have me so freaking worked up I still have dreams about them :twisted: . Plus the wide open spaces of North central Kansas were a lot of fun to hunt. Maybe I go to SD the spring of 2014.

A couple of things I need to do this year is bring a spotting scope, learn how to run a coyote howler since the twins would gobble every time a coyote howled.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion