Anyone tried hevi13 choke tubes

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
spursnbeards

Re: Anyone tried hevi13 choke tubes

Postby spursnbeards » April 11th, 2012, 9:23 am

I have had excellant results in my Beretta shotguns with Hevi 13 chokes. Been using these chokes in my 390 20 guage and Xtrema 12 guage for the last couple of years with amazing results with Hevi and Fed HW. The 20 guage patterns so well at 40yds that it has become my primary gun for turkey hunting. Technology has made the 20 guage a real killer in the turkey woods out to 40yds.

wingseeker

Postby wingseeker » April 14th, 2012, 9:28 pm

The Hevi13 tubes are the best that I have ever tried. They pattern perfect in all of my shotguns (Benelli, Beretta
and Remingtons).

allen.riggs

Postby allen.riggs » May 23rd, 2012, 8:51 pm

I use HeviShot choke tubes and am very pleased. The shot pattterns very well out of my SX3.

mookyj

Postby mookyj » May 31st, 2012, 9:57 am

I am getting 42-43 pellets in a 3" circle @ 40 yards using an rem 1187, hevi-13, 3" #6"s, and the hevishot rem choke tube. Best results to date (that I have had) using a hevi-shot load. Blood nasty at 40 yards, surgical at 20 yards

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » May 31st, 2012, 3:26 pm

I just ordered a hevi tube, and will be happy to compare it to my other, in patterns!! I feel I get too many "strays" with my other tube at 30+/- yds.
Like my retired buddy allways says .. "I'll be the Judge on that one"!! :lol:
I can't wait to test the new one out!! ;)
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

wingseeker

Postby wingseeker » September 10th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Yes, I absolutely love my Hevi13 chokes. I use them in both my Benelli and Remington. They are BY FAR
the best chokes that I have ever patterned.

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » September 10th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Great chokes! They have been exceptionally popular and gaining followers all the time.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

fowlfan

Postby fowlfan » January 14th, 2013, 10:23 pm

I use the HeviShot turkey choke and wouldn't consider using anything else. It patterns really well out of my Benelli Nova and my SX3. Much tighter than the factory tubes.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » January 15th, 2013, 8:25 am

Dang, it looks like I'm going be buying another choke tube. I really don't know why though, the SSX I bought performs outstandingly well and I can't imagine anything topping it. I suppose we're all seeking the holy grail in terms of tight, even patterns. It has got to be human nature where we're seldom satisfied and everyone keeps looking for greener pastures. I suppose I've spent my money on worse things before.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » January 17th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Cut N Run wrote:Dang, it looks like I'm going be buying another choke tube. I really don't know why though, the SSX I bought performs outstandingly well and I can't imagine anything topping it. I suppose we're all seeking the holy grail in terms of tight, even patterns. It has got to be human nature where we're seldom satisfied and everyone keeps looking for greener pastures. I suppose I've spent my money on worse things before.

Jim

Jim,
The one I got from Clark, waaayyyy out patterened the other one, I thought was doing great. :roll:
It's kinda like, good, better, and best :lol:
I'd like to see one, out do this one ;)
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

PreviousNext

Return to Shooting