What’s in your Crop?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
putt

Re: What’s in your Crop?

Postby putt » August 30th, 2012, 9:29 am

kygobbler wrote:Im starting to be concerned about some of you. I get cutting the craw open and seeing whats inside but to go as far as taking pictures of it. :roll: :lol:

I appreciate your concern kygobbler, & that thought occurred to me too when I saw that guys actually had crop photos to respond with. I just expected stories.

In my defense I had a motive when I took the crop photo ... firing up the farmer friend when he saw how much of his wheat was in that turkey.

As an extreme example of photos that shouldn't have been taken ... I have some color photos from my colonoscopy. Yup, the glorious inside of it. The doc seemed so proud of his work that I couldn't refuse them.

Rob n

Postby Rob n » September 7th, 2012, 4:41 pm

This past spring I shot a gobbler and it was packed with beech nuts. They are three sided heart shaped nuts. They were pretty sharp on the edges, so im Not sure if they were used for nutrition or for grinding up vegitation in the craw...took us a few days of research to figure out what exactly kind of nuts they were. Here is a link to what they look like. http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&s ... ih=208#p=0

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » September 7th, 2012, 5:53 pm

we used to find Beechnuts all the time in the turkeys crops we would shoot on the farm where we used to hunt. Turkeys must enjoy them cause they would always have a ton of them in their crops. My father taught me to look for them because the turkeys would feed on them so often.
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion