What are your 2013 hunt plans?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Treerooster

Re: What are your 2013 hunt plans?

Postby Treerooster » August 28th, 2012, 9:04 am

I usually start to solidify my turkey hunting plans in late Nov or Dec. Too much fall hunting to plan and enjoy now...come on Sept 1st!!! :D :D :D YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

I do know I will hunt as much as I can.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Hookspur

Postby Hookspur » August 28th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Unless something terrible happens to change them, my plans for next spring are to start in FL and hunt/guide there for about 3 weeks. Then, I hope to visit Texas, Arkansas, and maybe Louisiana on my way out west to hunt Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Colorado. After that, I'll make my way back east to visit Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, and Vermont. A schedule like that oughta keep me outa trouble till the first of June, when I can get back to work and start paying off the debts incurred in having so much fun. :mrgreen:

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » August 29th, 2012, 10:26 am

Just hunting Easterns next year. Tennessee & Georgia in March/April, and PA, NJ, NY in late April/May. Still trying to get Uncle Nicky Jr. his first bird also.

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » August 29th, 2012, 10:56 am

Lord willing, I'll hunt IA again with my son. Then be back in Ohio for the opener.

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » August 29th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Hopefully Mexico will get their bird flu epidemic under control, so I can bag a couple of Ocellated turkeys and get them imported in April. Hunt Easterns here and in Michigan. That's what I've got lined up, "so far" ;)
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

dewey

Postby dewey » August 29th, 2012, 10:17 pm

misoiltester wrote:Hopefully Mexico will get their bird flu epidemic under control, so I can bag a couple of Ocellated turkeys and get them imported in April. Hunt Easterns here and in Michigan. That's what I've got lined up, "so far" ;)

If and when you go to Mexico to hunt Ocellated turkeys if you could post a story about your hunt that would be great. I don't think many or us are familiar with the Ocellated so any hunting stories about it would be great. Good luck if you go.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » August 30th, 2012, 10:49 am

I'll second Dewey's motion, and amend it to include pics. All in favor, say "Aye." Opposed, same sign.

Motion carries as amended!

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » August 30th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Duke0002 wrote:I'll second Dewey's motion, and amend it to include pics. All in favor, say "Aye." Opposed, same sign.

I'm going to "try" and get a good video with sound .. with 2 chances, maybe 1 will come out :shock: ;) :lol:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » September 1st, 2012, 10:14 pm

Aye!!! I love ocellated turkey, they look so freaking cool. Good luck if you get to go man, hopefully they can stop that epidemic. :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

dewey

Postby dewey » September 5th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Duke0002 wrote:I'll second Dewey's motion, and amend it to include pics. All in favor, say "Aye." Opposed, same sign.

I will happily amend the motion to include anything you can tell us about the trip such as what outfitters you looked at, special considerations when flying into Mexico with a firearm, and any other detail that you would be willing to share.

Good luck on the hunt and please keep us in the loop.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion