Fall Season coming :D

Mossberg835

Fall Season coming :D

Postby Mossberg835 » August 19th, 2012, 1:10 am

hey guys, how has everybodies summer been. Ive been seeing quite a few poults unlike the last 3-4 years when i didnt see squat. Looking forward to going after them thunder chickens a few times in the fall. Wont be able to hunt for them much cause times at home to hunt can be limited and i gota hunt deer as much as i can, need to fill the freezer when you have 9 other family members ;)
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

retranger

Re: Fall Season coming :D

Postby retranger » August 19th, 2012, 8:01 am

I hunt both at the same time. I got into bow hunting 3 years ago and since both seasons run together I am prepared for either. Haven't connected on either yet but didn't hunt last year due to unforseen circumstances. Looking to make up for it this year.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

Postby grizzly » August 20th, 2012, 3:31 am

I'm really looking forward to fall this year. turkey numbers are looking are looking very strong . i do bow hunt but the last few years i have been focussing on turkeys ...wayne

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » August 24th, 2012, 5:19 am

id focus on turkeys more if it wasnt so important to get deer for my 9 other family members and if i had a better spot. im gonna give it a try this year though near a large alfalfa field where i saw some quite a bit last year while bow hunting

grizzly

Postby grizzly » August 25th, 2012, 12:09 pm

understand what you're saying Mossy . maybe you can arrow a couple of tukeys while deer hunting . did you get any doe tags . i hope you fill all your tags . best of luck and good hunting my friend...wayne

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » August 28th, 2012, 12:17 am

Here in ontario county, i always get 2 doe tags, but have not gotten my license yet cause im broke. usually my father buys it for me then i pay him back but things are tight this year. im gonna have to come up with some $ before the 1st of october. thanks man, i hope you havea successful fall also. and i plan on shooting one of them turkeys with the old mossberg, save my rage broadheads for the venison ;)

Return to New York