Had to share

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
ticklishtompro

Had to share

Postby ticklishtompro » August 23rd, 2012, 10:00 pm

Saw this picture today and had to share it. I encourage all of you to take a kid or even an adult that has never hunted before out turkey hunting. The rewards are so amazing. I started a Learn To Hunt event 5 years ago and we have gotten a lot of new hunters hooked. The fact is they don't even have to shoot anything to make it a memory of a lifetime! I had a single mother and her son do it one year and neither one shot a turkey, it happened to be Easter weekend, and they said it was the best Easter they had ever had. They both saw birds, heard lots of gobbling, and the mother missed a nice gobbler.

Just remember, beginners make mistakes, as we all do, but that is part of the learning process. Don't get frustrated, and if they do harvest a bird, sit back, look at the smile on their face, and listen to them tell the story over and over again to anyone that will listen!!

Good hunting
Randy
Attachments
424604_10151046245657746_1797325482_n.jpg
424604_10151046245657746_1797325482_n.jpg (48.07 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

dewey

Re: Had to share

Postby dewey » August 23rd, 2012, 10:22 pm

I could not agree more. I had the pleasure to be the guide on my then 10 year old nephews first hunt which was successful. Probably the best time I ever had turkey hunting.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion