Gettin Healed

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
charlie elk

Re: Gettin Healed

Postby charlie elk » August 7th, 2012, 2:57 pm

That a cheap shot accident that sucks big time. Hope the heck when you heal you're going cat hunting.
Good luck.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

scoot12

Postby scoot12 » August 7th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Hope you get feeling better old man, no seriously hoping for a speedy recovery so you can keep making those death wish killers. Scoot

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » August 8th, 2012, 12:13 am

charlie elk wrote:That a cheap shot accident that sucks big time. Hope the heck when you heal you're going cat hunting.
Good luck.

Done did that charlie, that cat had an accident. This town is over run with cats, so far this summer 32 have taken a ride out of town. The three farms we were dropping them off at ask us to quit bringing them. We have cats, yotes, and coon running around all over town, you never know what you run into walkin down the sidewalks at night.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » August 8th, 2012, 6:50 am

Damn man, sorry to hear about that, hope you heal up fine for fall season. Hate them freaking cats, way too many of them, only one that ever came around the parental units house was good cause it cleared all the mice out of the barn...the rest were just annoying as hell
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » August 9th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Scott .. I hope in the mail today, they brought my token of gratitude, for getting the hats around .. and if yer' still hurtin' .. aw just go ahead and get some pain killer, instead of eatin' :shock: :lol:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » August 9th, 2012, 7:58 pm

I can feel your pain Scott I fell on the ice and broke three ribs a while back I was headed to Alabama the next day to hunt and quide for three weeks. When I got off the plane in Mongomery I felt like I was gut shot I guess it was from the pressure in the plane. Anyhow it was a rough first week. My buddie wanted to tape me up with duct tape could you imagine what that would have been like when the tape came off. The next two weeks were ok just don't cough , spit , laugh or try to climb a tree oh yeah don't sneeze either. Wishing you the best Scott.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » August 10th, 2012, 10:44 am

I'm sending more healing thoughts your way Scott. I hope you're feeling closer to right these days.

I feel your pain man. Several years ago, I had one of my own team mates run into me when I was moving the puck up the rink on a breakaway at full speed during in the playoffs in the hockey league I played in. I was expecting him to turn away or cut in behind the play, so I took my eyes off him and looked toward the goal. Instead, he turned right into my mid section. I still don't know what he was thinking. It happened so fast I couldn't avoid it. His helmet caught me right in the center of the chest just below the shoulder pads. It felt like I slammed my lungs in a car door. I broke several ribs and separated the cartilage in my rib cage. I missed the rest of the playoffs and a few weeks of work after that. It even hurt to yawn. The worst part is you are never expecting it and if you knew is was going to happen, it would be easy to prevent.

Feel better soon.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » August 10th, 2012, 2:05 pm

I just saw your post and sure hope you're feeling better by this time. It only takes a second for something like that to happen. Just take it as easy as possible over the next few days. It sounds like a good time just to sit at the bench and design some new calls.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » August 11th, 2012, 4:13 pm

well that sux brother, i hope you are doing better.....whats the bounty on that cat ??
David

You never know, unless you go

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » August 12th, 2012, 8:16 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:Done did that charlie, that cat had an accident.

Now that is good news. Bet that made you feel better.

Starting late summer into early fall we get over run with cats here too. People from the big towns drive out and throw their unwanted cats out. Despicable act of cruelty. Unfortunately, guys like me have to take care of the cat problem.
When the coyotes were thick they helped control the cats. But a couple of years ago I taught some young guys how to set cable restraints to catch em. They learned well and now there few coyotes left. So its back to cat control.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion