Illinois State Championship Still Target Shoot

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Illinois State Championship Still Target Shoot

Postby allaboutshooting » July 23rd, 2012, 3:44 pm

The Illinois State Championship Still Target Shoot will take place this Saturday, July 28th, at the Rend Lake Shooting Complex http://www.rendlakesc.com/location.htm beginning at 9:00 a.m. (CDST)

We will shoot 20 Gauge Open, 12 Gauge Open, 20 Gauge Ladies and 20 Gauge JAKES (17 & under) Classes.

All guns must be capable of chambering a 3" shell; barrel and choke may not exceed 32"; all types of sights are allowed; eye and ear protection is required; all shots are at a paper target with a 3" red circle and only those pellets completely within the red circle (not touching the black outer ring) will be counted; shots are at 40 yards with the muzzle of the shotgun behind the 40 yard line; shotshells are furnished by the organizer and no other ammunition may be on the grounds.

Squad winners and class winners will be awarded prizes. In addition, winners of both 1st and 2nd place in each class will qualify for "seats" in the semi-finals at the World Championship Still Target Shoot to be held in Edgefield, SC the first weekend in October.

This is a family friendly event. No alcoholic beverages are allowed and gun safety rules are strictly enforced.

If you've ever wanted to attend a still target shoot or just see what one is really all about, this is your opportunity.

If you need any additional information, please email me at clark@allaboutshooting.com

We'd love to see you there.

Thanks,
Clark

kygobbler

Re: Illinois State Championship Still Target Shoot

Postby kygobbler » July 23rd, 2012, 9:00 pm

Wish the best of luck to you and your wife this this weekend.

allaboutshooting wrote: shotshells are furnished by the organizer and no other ammunition may be on the grounds.

Is this standard at all of the events or just this one? I like the idea because it puts everyone at a some what even playing field.
Is it turkey season yet?

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » July 23rd, 2012, 10:16 pm

kygobbler wrote:Wish the best of luck to you and your wife this this weekend.

allaboutshooting wrote: shotshells are furnished by the organizer and no other ammunition may be on the grounds.

Is this standard at all of the events or just this one? I like the idea because it puts everyone at a some what even playing field.

Thank you. It looks like it's going to be another very hot day in SI. Yes, the shells are always furnished by the organizer. That does keep the playing field level.

Thanks again,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » July 25th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Good luck to you and Doris sounds like a good shoot wish I lived closer I would definately attend.

Jon
Turkeybuster

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » July 26th, 2012, 7:58 am

Turkeybuster wrote:Good luck to you and Doris sounds like a good shoot wish I lived closer I would definately attend.

Jon

Thank you Jon. I wish you were closer and could come an give it a try. It looks like it may be a bit cooler, way down in the high 90s.

Thanks again,
Clark

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » July 27th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Knock 'em out tomorrow, Clark. Good Luck & have fun!

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » August 1st, 2012, 9:05 pm

We had a great event, with shooters from 4 states. The weather cooperated, and we had shade for the shooters and judges. I believe everyone enjoyed themselves and went home happy.

Doris won her class very convincingly. I did not fare so well. I shot both the 12 gauge and 20 gauge classes but did not place in either.

Steve Conover won both of those classes, Doris won the Ladies and Skyler Peterman, a new shooter from Carbondale, IL won the JAKES class.

We also had several other new shooters. It was a good day.

Thanks,
Clark

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » August 9th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Belated Congrats. to Doris just got the internet back on line. Glad you had a good shoot Clark.

Jon
Turkeybuster

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » August 9th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Turkeybuster wrote:Belated Congrats. to Doris just got the internet back on line. Glad you had a good shoot Clark.

Jon

Thanks Jon. Doris shot exceptionally well. It was an excellent shoot and we're looking forward to the next one.

Thanks,
Clark

Return to Shooting