i got an idea and i need help

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
WillowRidgeCalls

Re: i got an idea and i need help

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » August 8th, 2012, 11:57 pm

grizzly wrote:hey Steve i tried to send you a pm but i couldn't get it to go threw so i guess i'll do it this way . first let me Thank you for all the advice you have given me so far it's been very helpful . i have been looking on line at different websites . i found this one called the middlesex village trading company they have a gun called the new england fowler . do you know any thing about this company . how do you go about finding out if they are a good company to deal with . i do worry about companys who do not stand behind their products . thanks again ...wayne

Check out Track of the Wolf, Wayne, they list a couple fowlers and all the parts to make your own, if that's the road you want to take. They also have kits and finished guns. When I was still building a lot of guns, I used them quite a bit. They are in MN and are fast at getting you what you need at a good price. They have lots of locks, barrels, stocks (inletted or blanks), all kinds of funiture parts, finishes, and all your supplys. What ever you need, if they don't have it they will send you to the place to get what you need?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » August 9th, 2012, 8:36 am

Wayne PM sent.

Scott an old timer told me the way to build a muzzle loader.
First inlet the barrel and drill the ramrod hole.
2nd inlet the lock.
3rd the trigger. Once the trigger is in you know where to put the buttplate.
4th set the buttplate to give you the desired LOP and drop.
Next put on the nosecap.
The last thing you do is remove all of the wood between the buttplate and the nosecap that does not look like a rifle. :lol:
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » August 9th, 2012, 9:07 am

Wayne here is one to consider.
http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/ind ... ic=22879.0
I would fit a buttplate to it, but that is just me. The builder has a good rep, I don't know anything about the seller.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

BigGobbler

Postby BigGobbler » August 9th, 2012, 9:28 am

Steve_In wrote:Wayne PM sent.

Scott an old timer told me the way to build a muzzle loader.
First inlet the barrel and drill the ramrod hole.
2nd inlet the lock.
3rd the trigger. Once the trigger is in you know where to put the buttplate.
4th set the buttplate to give you the desired LOP and drop.
Next put on the nosecap.
The last thing you do is remove all of the wood between the buttplate and the nosecap that does not look like a rifle. :lol:

Oh man it's a blast hunting with a flint muzzle. About 35 years ago my dad and uncles hunted deer with them its was something you will never forget i bet you that. Of course they have better powders know that you do not haft to wait for the smoke to clear to see if you hit what you were shooting at LOL I think that's what made it so fun oh yea and of course there was all the heckling and shirttail cutting on the misses.
I miss them days alot and am trying to repurduce them results with my two sons witch I think I'm doing ok at.They are 14 and 16 and love to fish and hunt and are two gun toting turkey thugs. Now all I need to do is to pass the tradition on to the grandkids.

Previous

Return to Fall Hunting