Optimistic about our Hatch of poults

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Mossberg835

Re: Optimistic about our Hatch of poults

Postby Mossberg835 » July 18th, 2012, 12:40 pm

yea i know where that is grizz, my friend eric is going to college at Ithaca, and i know the guns your talking about, my uncle had one of the originals which is pretty cool. Glad to hear you are seeing a good amount of poults too. My father just saw a hen with 12 poults the other day and there were 2 large toms out in the field so im happy. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

El Pavo Grande

Postby El Pavo Grande » August 4th, 2012, 2:50 pm

While I haven't been out much, I've been hearing some good reports here and we definitely need it. I agree the dry weather helps. It seems that much rain during the crucial nesting and hatching period plays a major role. We had a decent hatch in 2010 (it was dry), which was the best in about a 7 or 8 year stretch, and by early indications 2012 is a good one.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » August 25th, 2012, 9:19 pm

While I was going home this morning I noticed a group of turkeys in a field. So I pulled over and watched them for a few minutes. I counted 2 hens and 16 poults. I hope the rest of the hens have done as good as a job as these two. The poults were two different sizes the biggest ones were about half grown and the others were a little smaller. Im ready for fall season to hurry up and get here.
Is it turkey season yet?

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion