Blonde Racoon

ticklishtompro

Blonde Racoon

Postby ticklishtompro » July 19th, 2012, 7:38 pm

I had been having some masked bandits raiding my chicken coop and they killed 12 of my meat birds. So I set some live traps and baited with some cat food. I caught 5 coons and 3 possums, but didn't know if I had them all. This morning before work I checked my traps and couldn't believe what I found. Curled up in a ball and sound a sleep was a young blonde racoon. Never had seen one in the wild before, only mounts and on TV or in captivity. So here is a picture of the little fellow. He was released this morning at an undisclosed location, where maybe we can get him when he is all grown up.
Attachments
IMG_20120719_060015 (Copy).jpg
IMG_20120719_060015 (Copy).jpg (227.58 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

kygobbler

Re: Blonde Racoon

Postby kygobbler » July 19th, 2012, 8:40 pm

Thats pretty cool.

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » July 20th, 2012, 9:51 am

Wow! I've seen albino mounts, but nothing like that!

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » July 20th, 2012, 10:17 am

On my return I find posts titled Blonde Raccoon and Cougars....
Caused me to pause and wonder what WI is coming to? :D :lol:

On the serious side; while out and about the woods in March I found many dead raccoon and fox laying like they just tipped over. Seems like the population of both is way down.

Should have kept that one for a pet. One of my all time favorite pets growing up was a raccoon.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » July 20th, 2012, 1:21 pm

charlie elk wrote:On my return I find posts titled Blonde Raccoon and Cougars....
Caused me to pause and wonder what WI is coming to? :D :lol:

On the serious side; while out and about the woods in March I found many dead raccoon and fox laying like they just tipped over. Seems like the population of both is way down.

Should have kept that one for a pet. One of my all time favorite pets growing up was a raccoon.

Now if it had said blonde cougars, then it has a whole different meaning!!

The population over on this side of the state is booming. The coons are over abundant, I think because the price of pelts went down and it kept a lot of people from trapping and hunting them.

My kids thought the pet thing would be great! But the wife said, and I quote, "NOOOOO!!!!" So that put and end to that discussion.
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » July 30th, 2012, 3:09 pm

wow you are to nice tickleishtompro lol i have had the same proublum the last few wks with hawks racoons & stary cats eating on my bantum chickens we have caught 3-4 coons & 2 possums & sorry to say it didnt work out to well for them caught in my live catch traps they are in the big woods up above!!! lol no love for varmints over on our small farm!!! also about 2 months ago i had a red fox come in & snatch a few chicks up in front of me i caught up with him 2 mornings later & he met my shot gun as he was stalking my chicks at the time that was my 1st red fox i ever shot!!!

thats crazy you seen red fox & coons lying dead in march charlie you would of thought this winter was EZ on them??? any way over across the river in MN we are seeing plenty of both coons & beleave it or not red fox are running around once again oh how the animal populations on each side of the mississippi differ from season to season!!!???

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » July 30th, 2012, 3:11 pm

once while down in SE MN turkey hunting with archery equipment i ran into a blonde coon i tried to get closer to take a shot with the bow but it busted me in the open field/turned over corn i was in... i also have seen a red phase coon down there it looked like a little RED PANDA BEAR lol did not get a shot on that 1 either

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » July 30th, 2012, 3:59 pm

turkey junky wrote:wow you are to nice tickleishtompro lol i have had the same proublum the last few wks with hawks racoons & stary cats eating on my bantum chickens we have caught 3-4 coons & 2 possums & sorry to say it didnt work out to well for them caught in my live catch traps they are in the big woods up above!!!

Don't get me wrong, most were taken care of in other ways. This one was just a little one and pretty cool looking. If it would have been bigger and in the fall, it would probably be at the taxidermist right now! Instead where he was released a friend of mine traps. Hopefully we will see it again.
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » July 31st, 2012, 1:11 pm

thats cool & yeah i sometimes have a soft spot for the small 1s myself wish they had a season on hawks man they are pure killers

Return to Wisconsin