2013 Spring Turkey in Montana

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
turkey junky

Re: 2013 Spring Turkey in Montana

Postby turkey junky » July 12th, 2012, 12:29 pm

nope no turkeys in the custer national forest keep looking... lol read my PM to u jellyhead lol

i only need my public land osceola to get my public land slam & that is more importent to me then really just obtaineing a grand slam i just llike to hunt turkeys in & on there tru habitat because all the tru sub species can still be found in/on there tru habitat each sub species offers a little different challenge & experence & it adds to the fun/excitment of the hunt in each of the sub species range...

i fell that any turkey hunter that says all them turkeys are all the same & i dont understand why/how come others travel to hunt other sub species cuz there all the same & the hunts are not all that different is missing a major part of the hunt experence as they are only focused on the kill & only the kill... yes if you look at it like that then yes you do call to all them sub species the same & they all flop around on the ground after the shot but its the habitat & terrain that changes & also the color of there feathers & the sound of there gobble all of witch make hunting each sub species fun in its own way.... but big woods eastern hunting is really nothing like prairie country creek bottum rio grande hunting out west & hunting well creeping on mountain country merriams is a different hunt then both of the above mentioned sub species every hardcore turkey addict ows it to themselfs to hunt each sub species on its own habitat if they can do it in there lifetime/hunting carrer

its really not the big deal that many make of obtaining there grand slams as many rich folk can do it each & every yr so each to there own

turkey junky

Re: 2013 Spring Turkey in Montana

Postby turkey junky » July 13th, 2012, 1:06 pm

sorry left out them hard headed osceolas that live in cypress knee filled swamps & triple canopy jungles filled with insects that bite/sting & damn near never gobble on public land i see why/how i forgot them birds now they really were not that fun to hunt when i was in florida i dont know why in planing on going back next march??? i guess im addicted to turkey hunting

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion