Any Turkey Thigh Recipes?

Share your favorite ways to prepare the world's tastiest game bird.
Myakka Chuck

Any Turkey Thigh Recipes?

Postby Myakka Chuck » April 22nd, 2012, 9:38 pm

Does anyone have any recipes for using wild turkey thighs? Breast meat is tender and tasty, but thigh meat tends to be a bit tough for most recipes that aren't sausage. I tried a sausage recipe but my home crew gave it thumbs down.

retranger

Re: Any Turkey Thigh Recipes?

Postby retranger » April 24th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Take your turkey thighs and legs (cut apart at the joint) and place them in a crock pot with your favoriate seasoning and cook on high first hour then on low for 6 or 7 hours, untill the meat falls off bone. Meat will be tender and able to use in other recipes,,,,pot pies, gumbos etc,,, or as I do just use it for sandwiches. ;) ;)
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

rweyman

Postby rweyman » May 29th, 2012, 7:09 am

I use my turkey thighs in my Turkey Brunswick Soup that I have posted here.

maineute

Postby maineute » May 29th, 2012, 10:51 am

I bake the whole turkey in a roasting bag, using a meat thermometer, we eat a breast for dinner, use the other breast for leftovers, then I debone all of the remaining meat, pull out all of the tendons and throw it in the food processor and make turkey salad sandwiches. I hate to waste any meat on any animal I harvest. You can google any turkey or chicken salad recipe.

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » May 30th, 2012, 7:35 am

I will crockpot the legs and thighs for 4-6 hrs in a little chicken broth, until the meat falls off the bone. Then pull the meat with a couple of forks and return to the crockpot along with your favorite seasonings and barbecue sauce. Barbacue pulled turkey sandwiches! perfect for a football Sunday!

franklinnnn

Postby franklinnnn » July 4th, 2012, 1:56 am

I am also looking forward this recipe ! Does anyone have ?? Please share !
Fitness Republic - We can work it out !!

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » April 25th, 2013, 2:24 pm

I cook them similar to how you make chicken cacciatore; brown them well & simmer in the oven in a tomato type sauce for about 3 hours. Then I add peppers, mushrooms, & onions, place back in the oven, and cook another hour. Serve over spaghetti or penne.

I also debone the thighs & cube the meat, and substitute for beef in any type stew, goulash, or chili recipe.

And, as mentioned before, simmer or crockpot until tender & make dark-meat chicken salad.

Return to Wild Turkey Recipes