Howda from NC

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
ncturkeytalk14

Howda from NC

Postby ncturkeytalk14 » June 29th, 2012, 1:02 pm

I am new to the post. I love turkey hunting. I'd rather turkey hunt than to eat when i am hungry. I have been hunting for a few years now, and have been able to harvest a few beautiful birds and tons of hunting fun. Trying to learn more and more. We did not have turkeys around when i was growing up so i am having to learn now. I have had buck fever growing up deer hunting, but it has NEVER compared to the rush of a thundering gobble at the break of sunrise on a cool April morning. Totally awesome. I pray that i can gain some knowledge for the people here. I am intrested in videoing some of my hunts for myself, does anyone know what some good cameras are to get started with?
Thanks
Talking Turkey

Cut N Run

Re: Howda from NC

Postby Cut N Run » June 29th, 2012, 4:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Where in NC do you live & where do you hunt?

I live outside Hillsborough and hunt in Orange, Durham, Chatham, and Granville counties.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

ncturkeytalk14

Postby ncturkeytalk14 » June 29th, 2012, 7:20 pm

i live in Kinston. Located between Greenville, NewBern, Jacksonville, and Goldsboro. I hunt Lenoir, Craven and Jones counties. I am trying to learn something new all the time.
NCTurkeyTime14

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » June 30th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Welcome aboard, NCturkeytak. Just post up some questions or thoughts and you get great information here.

You're right... nothing like a thundering gobbler! All other hunting now takes a back seat in my car.

dewey

Postby dewey » July 1st, 2012, 12:53 pm

Welcome to the forum! I am pretty sure there are a few hunters on here that video their hunts so if you post a question under the General Discussion forum they will hopefully help you out. Also if you have any other questions the folks in here are very helpful and provide great expertise and a lot of years of experience.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » July 9th, 2012, 7:02 pm

ncturkeytalk14 wrote:I am new to the post. I love turkey hunting. I'd rather turkey hunt than to eat when i am hungry. I have been hunting for a few years now, and have been able to harvest a few beautiful birds and tons of hunting fun. Trying to learn more and more. We did not have turkeys around when i was growing up so i am having to learn now. I have had buck fever growing up deer hunting, but it has NEVER compared to the rush of a thundering gobble at the break of sunrise on a cool April morning. Totally awesome. I pray that i can gain some knowledge for the people here. I am intrested in videoing some of my hunts for myself, does anyone know what some good cameras are to get started with?
Thanks
Talking Turkey

I'm a little late but welcome to T&TH. It's a great place. We have a lot of friendly and helpful folks here and we look forward to hearing more from you and getting to know you better.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to New Members of the Forum