2012 Turkey Season Adventure Re-Cap with Photos

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
onpoint

Re: 2012 Turkey Season Adventure Re-Cap with Photos

Postby onpoint » June 23rd, 2012, 8:29 am

Awesome photography. Thanks for sharing. Ain't it always refreshing to have the time and wherewithall to be able to "top a new hill" from time to time and see God's handiwork revealed. If a man don't believe in the Great Creator, let him stand and look out over the vistas you were able to enjoy this season. If he can't see the rhyme and reason to it all, he's blind and I guess there ain't much hope for him. Meeting new folks and making memories is nice :)
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » June 23rd, 2012, 4:19 pm

onpoint wrote:Awesome photography. Thanks for sharing. Ain't it always refreshing to have the time and wherewithall to be able to "top a new hill" from time to time and see God's handiwork revealed. If a man don't believe in the Great Creator, let him stand and look out over the vistas you were able to enjoy this season. If he can't see the rhyme and reason to it all, he's blind and I guess there ain't much hope for him. Meeting new folks and making memories is nice :)

Thanks...and yes to the "Top of a New Hill" thing

As a kid I grew up where we had plenty of woods around.....as I got older I ventured further into them and always wanted to see what was around the next bend in the creek or past the second pecan orchard...that's how we referee to it anyway :) ...the west makes me feel that same way only more so

Spending time out west in the magnificent country does give you a different and in my opinion a better perspective and makes you realize there's a lot more out there than what your life consist of day in and day out.....I'm just north of Atlanta so it's wide open and lots of people all the time...I'm close to being out of my element

Hunting out west is good for the mind and soul and planning to try and make a trip or two each year serves as motivation for me to not spend money on some things that othersvmight and work those extra hours up front so I can make it happen....

To an extent it really is an exploration and adventure and you hunt while this is going on
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

onpoint

Postby onpoint » June 24th, 2012, 6:25 am

Bobbyparks wrote:
onpoint wrote:Awesome photography. Thanks for sharing. Ain't it always refreshing to have the time and wherewithall to be able to "top a new hill" from time to time and see God's handiwork revealed. If a man don't believe in the Great Creator, let him stand and look out over the vistas you were able to enjoy this season. If he can't see the rhyme and reason to it all, he's blind and I guess there ain't much hope for him. Meeting new folks and making memories is nice :)

To an extent it really is an exploration and adventure and you hunt while this is going on

You got that right brother!! At the ripe young age of 66 it gets my blood boilin' like I was a kid again. It's hard to explain to "concrete dwellers" how "expecting the unexpected" makes a man feel. If I ever lose the sense of what the woods does for me, it's time for the Lord to take me home.
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » June 24th, 2012, 8:31 am

Congrats on a great season Bobby.

Bobbyparks wrote:As a kid I grew up where we had plenty of woods around.....as I got older I ventured further into them and always wanted to see what was around the next bend in the creek or past the second pecan orchard

I think what drives my hunting...what makes me want to keep going...is my constant desire to find out what is around the next corner or over the next hill.

Hunting out west is good for the mind and soul

Cool statement...but you don't need the words "out west" in there. Kind of a "bloom where you are planted" thing I guess. I have found wilderness (or maybe wildness is a better term) right on the edge of town sometimes.

Beautiful!
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » June 24th, 2012, 9:08 am

very nice bobby, thanks for posting this great story, very entertaining.....congratulations on your season
David

You never know, unless you go

Jellyhead

Postby Jellyhead » June 27th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Great birds, great hunts, and really great photos capture the moment. I'd bet you've got a couple of long nights worth of stories out of this season. Thanks.

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » August 1st, 2012, 2:16 pm

great photos ......and a great season congrats to the Killn Machine
Break em at Night...Back at light

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion