Still Target Pictures

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Still Target Pictures

Postby allaboutshooting » June 4th, 2012, 10:35 am

Here's a picture of a witnessed target that was shot in sanctioned still target competition last weekend at the "Timber Shoot" in Abbeville, SC.

You can see by the target that I was in position (seat) #1 and that my 3" score was 39. (Only the hits in the red part of the circle that do not touch the outer black line count.) That turned out to be the highest score of the day.

We later counted the number of hits in the 10" circle and as you can see, that was 212. When we turned the target over and looked at the back side, there was 3" circle with 44 hits, just below and to the left of the center.

All shots in sanctioned competition are 40 yards from the muzzle of the gun to the target and are shot without mechanical support, sitting on a lowboy stool, very much like a turkey hunting position.

The shell was a 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shell with 2 oz. of #6 shot and the choke was a Rem-Choke SSX.

and here's a picture of the back side of that same target

The "39" that you see on the back side is another group of shot and not the same 39 that's in the red 3" circle on the front.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Cut N Run

Re: Still Target Pictures

Postby Cut N Run » June 5th, 2012, 7:30 am

That's a dead target, Clark. Nice pattern! Gotta love those SSX chokes.

Do you have a list of where & when these shoots take place?

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » June 5th, 2012, 8:47 am

Cut N Run wrote:That's a dead target, Clark. Nice pattern! Gotta love those SSX chokes.

Do you have a list of where & when these shoots take place?

Jim

Hey Jim,

We try to keep up with them but there is no centralized listing, unfortunately. If you go to this link http://www.nwtf.org/in_your_state/?dest ... events.php then you can click on a state and find out if one is there, under shooting events.

We'd love to see you out there.

Thanks,
Clark

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » June 6th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Clark,
I just did a similar shoot today, using my Benelli SBEII. I shot Hevi Shot Magnum Blends, 21/4oz of 5's, 6's and 7 1/2's, thru that Hevi Choke tube I got from you. What a difference over my other tight tube I have :lol: It made a believer of me, as my pic. would sure look quite similar to yours, and it's at 40 yds. also :o

Thanks for helping me out ;)
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » June 6th, 2012, 6:59 pm

DEEAAD !!
David

You never know, unless you go

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » June 7th, 2012, 7:12 pm

misoiltester wrote:Clark,
I just did a similar shoot today, using my Benelli SBEII. I shot Hevi Shot Magnum Blends, 21/4oz of 5's, 6's and 7 1/2's, thru that Hevi Choke tube I got from you. What a difference over my other tight tube I have :lol: It made a believer of me, as my pic. would sure look quite similar to yours, and it's at 40 yds. also :o

Thanks for helping me out ;)

Fantastic! I'm glad that it's working so well for you. It' an excellent choke tube.

Thanks,
Clark

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » June 8th, 2012, 6:32 am

allaboutshooting wrote:Fantastic! I'm glad that it's working so well for you. It' an excellent choke tube.

Thanks,
Clark

Clark,
Now if I can find the same type of target, that you showed from the NWTF shoot ;)
Thanks again!!!
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » June 12th, 2012, 5:05 pm

I got me a couple boxes of those hevi-13 #6 shells, and hopfully the ssx choke I ordered from you gives me a pattern like that out of my Winchester 1300. Hoping the choke is in my mailbox tomorrow so I can go to the range
Twitter: @edvogler

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » June 16th, 2012, 11:08 am

eddie234 wrote:I got me a couple boxes of those hevi-13 #6 shells, and hopfully the ssx choke I ordered from you gives me a pattern like that out of my Winchester 1300. Hoping the choke is in my mailbox tomorrow so I can go to the range

I've seen your targets in another post and I'd say you're well on your way to success.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » June 16th, 2012, 11:12 am

misoiltester wrote:
allaboutshooting wrote:Fantastic! I'm glad that it's working so well for you. It' an excellent choke tube.

Thanks,
Clark

Clark,
Now if I can find the same type of target, that you showed from the NWTF shoot ;)
Thanks again!!!

At one time you could order those targets, just like the ones we use at the still target shoots, directly from the NWTF. I'll be happy to check for you and see if that is still possible. Just let me know if you'd like for me to do that.

You can reply to this post, PM me or send me an email directly at clark@allaboutshooting.com

Thanks,
Clark

Return to Shooting