Jobs and turkey hunting...

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
rsmithpa

RE: Jobs and turkey hunting...

Postby rsmithpa » February 11th, 2009, 12:49 pm

I usually take the first week off and then long weekends for the rest of the season.  However, I am in the boat where my spring outage season is moving into April.  This year its suppose to end the week before the start of the season.  I put in for it but if it runs over, then they reserve the right to cancel my vacation.  Not happy about it![:@]
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

deja vu

Postby deja vu » February 11th, 2009, 12:59 pm

Lets see..... job.....hunting....job.....hunting..... thats a tough one.
Gotta get your priorites in order and go look for a job after hunting season is over [8|] I wish it was that easy... My boss knows that the only time I take off during the year is for hunting... the rest of the year I am at work rain, shine, sick, whatever, so I get a some prime days and a few "couple hour" late start days when I am not needed badly.
"Old School Elitist"

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » February 11th, 2009, 5:32 pm

I'm also S/E, but have to work a lot to make the kind of living I've become accustomed to.   The only vacation time I get is a week at Thanksgiving and a couple weeks at Christmas/ New Years.  My wife and I take tropical vacations out of the Country then...see why I have to work so much?   Sometimes I can alter my schedule during Turkey season and get a morning's hunt in (never two days in a row), but mostly, I'm a Saturday hunter (hunting is prohibited in N.C. on Sundays). I go when I get the chance, regardless of weather. Since the economy has slowed, I may get more time to go this Spring...a smaller bank account, but a higher pleasure rating & a filled freezer are probably worth the trade-off.

Business traditionally drops off during deer season, so usually I get plenty of woods time then.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » February 11th, 2009, 6:16 pm

you got me flubbed up cap'n.. i pimp my hoes.. no stedies for me[;)]

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 12th, 2009, 1:22 am

[:D] You two, trkylr and TC. [:D]

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » February 12th, 2009, 1:48 am

give me a holler after yall get done at graceland ....i'll pick 'im up in bolivar, if 'n they dont keep'im..[;)]

grizzly

Postby grizzly » February 12th, 2009, 2:41 am

i just changed jobs the saw mill i was working at shut down just before christmas. got a job working for 84 lumber the hours are great  10:00 to 6:00 so that means i can get in the woods at 4 in the morning and hunt till 9 then go to work

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » February 13th, 2009, 3:48 pm

I get the first two weeks in NY then bounce from my home state of CT to NY as much as the boss will let me. I am the boss, and I need turkey hunting to make it through all the rest of the days of the year. I sometimes will work 12 hour days to free up more time. I often think I should fire myself for the month of May.
live to hunt hunt to live

Morgan

Postby Morgan » February 13th, 2009, 4:07 pm

You know there oughta be a law against us having to work during turkey season....[:D]

I go at least 4 days a week during our season....I am self employed so I schedule around the season....
...Old Timers Gobbler Club...

Pressured Gobblers

Postby Pressured Gobblers » February 13th, 2009, 7:12 pm

That private property will spoil ya huh[:D]
"public land will make a turkey hunter out of ya"

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion