Introducing Our New Online Pro-Staffers

The latest news from the field!
TurkeyJohn

Re: Introducing Our New Online Pro-Staffers

Postby TurkeyJohn » June 8th, 2012, 10:40 am

Great to see you with Turkey & turkey hunting organization guys. The experience you bring is incredible. Can't wait to hear from you even more.

TJ
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » June 8th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Congratulations guys. Excellent choices.

:? My dumb country bumpkin side would like to know-
What is the job description of an Online Pro-Staffer?
Does this mean you guys no longer have the luxury of missing any turkeys?
That every turkey you start to work is going to come in flawlessly to close the deal with you?
You now fully understand turkey language so that you can interpret those long series of high and low pitched yelps and clucks, thus making you capable of explaining what the heck the turkey wants to a country hick like me?
Every Acme product you invent will work better than advertised?
You can flutter gracefully to roost in the top of the trees making it possible to give up all those climbing ropes and harnesses?
:lol: :lol:
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 9th, 2012, 3:03 pm

Welcome boys, glad to see you two on the staff. :D
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » June 9th, 2012, 6:56 pm

eggshell wrote:Good choices Brian. Two turkey slayers and fine gentlemen to represent your publication.

There is one thing that I am wondering on though. Does this mean T&TH now endorses the ACME turkey hunting systems as touted by Mr. Parks? If so then I guess it's a big leap of authentication and acceptance as a legitimate turkey killing tool. I still hope that research and development can fine tune the system. I came upon a ACME firing site once and found the remains of 6 squirrels, two deer, 4 crows and several down or damaged trees. Of course this was during the initial field testing era and I suppose they have backed off the charge some and made it more directional. Also I'm considering a law suite for infringement of patent rights. This system looks an awful lot like my Aqua Trophy Fishing system I developed years ago.

Not aware of any official endorsements as of yet Dana.....hard to believe anyone could resist though

The Carcass Sight you describe does sound like a possible ACME detonation area with some CD (Collateral Damage) still on sight........most likely the actual targeted game was removed from the location and since you didn't see any ACME staffers laying around he Likely survived........

Just so you know and before you spend money on a lawyer you should know that all ACME patents are iron clad........and if you remember...should be posted somewhere back down the line..,ACME has it's own version if a Fishing System
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » June 9th, 2012, 7:05 pm

charlie elk wrote:Congratulations guys. Excellent choices.

:? My dumb country bumpkin side would like to know-
What is the job description of an Online Pro-Staffer?
Does this mean you guys no longer have the luxury of missing any turkeys?
That every turkey you start to work is going to come in flawlessly to close the deal with you?
You now fully understand turkey language so that you can interpret those long series of high and low pitched yelps and clucks, thus making you capable of explaining what the heck the turkey wants to a country hick like me?
Every Acme product you invent will work better than advertised?
You can flutter gracefully to roost in the top of the trees making it possible to give up all those climbing
ropes and harnesses?
:lol: :lol:

Charlie it sounds like you some how got into the Pro Staffers link...

Yes ...everything you mentioned is either required or expected of a staffers

If you see a turkey track by their name....it means:

They call in and kill every bird they hear gobble...never come back to the truck empty handed...always
know exactly when to call and what call is needed......most kills are completed within 30 minutes of daylight...almost all birds will have 1 1/4" plus spurs and 11" beards.........Can make birds gobble anytime of day no matter the weather conditions.......they never miss and in fact must be capable of killing one bird a year by shooting back over their shoulder using a mirror

I would think all would agree that this should be a minimal requirement to be on the Pro Staff

Only exception to what you said.....only Gary...Treerooster has the ability to be up in the tree with em when they wake up on the roost...from what I understand they wake up...look over..and say......"Oh Crap!"....and usually black out and fall out if the tree and he just climbs down and retrieves them...that's why you'll notice his birds heads are not all messed up.

As far as ACME....we all know there's just not a better system outside of the US Missile Defense System
ACME PRO STAFF

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » June 10th, 2012, 8:53 am

Bobbyparks wrote:
Only exception to what you said.....only Gary...Treerooster has the ability to be up in the tree with em when they wake up on the roost...from what I understand they wake up...look over..and say......"Oh Crap!"....and usually black out and fall out if the tree and he just climbs down and retrieves them...that's why you'll notice his birds heads are not all messed up.

I must admit...I do have the ability to kill just by looking at things. Don't know how it happens...but stuff just keels over and they drop like flys.

As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » June 10th, 2012, 9:50 am

Bobbyparks wrote:f you see a turkey track by their name....it means:
They call in and kill every bird they hear gobble...never come back to the truck empty handed...always
know exactly when to call and what call is needed......most kills are completed within 30 minutes of daylight...almost all birds will have 1 1/4" plus spurs and 11" beards.........Can make birds gobble anytime of day no matter the weather conditions.......they never miss and in fact must be capable of killing one bird a year by shooting back over their shoulder using a mirror
I would think all would agree that this should be a minimal requirement to be on the Pro Staff

WoWwwwww! I had no idea as sit in front my computer screen awed by such prowess.

Treerooster wrote:I must admit...I do have the ability to kill just by looking at things. Don't know how it happens...but stuff just keels over and they drop like flys.

YIKES! that power needs a warning so us mere mortal T&TH users don't get flipped off our chairs.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » June 10th, 2012, 10:16 am

Treerooster wrote:
Bobbyparks wrote:

I must admit...I do have the ability to kill just by looking at things. Don't know how it happens...but stuff just keels over and they drop like flys.

You may also have advantage that when a bird spots your silhouette ....because of the multi direction hat bills...they can't tell which way you're looking...and make the wrong decision as to which way to go...clever Third Element stuff :)
ACME PRO STAFF

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » June 11th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Congrats. Bobby and Gary good to see you both on the pro staff we need the support.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Jellyhead

Postby Jellyhead » June 15th, 2012, 11:16 am

Boy, you guys not only have the Turkey thing knocked up...you make quite a comedy duo! Congratulations to both you, I'm looking forward to your posts, and benefiting from your experience- I definitely have a lot to learn. Gary: I picked up your post and photos on the Mark Strand thread, and from there made my way to your blog post on "Turkeys From A Tent"- one of the best 'how to's' I've ever read.

PreviousNext

Return to News from Turkey & Turkey Hunting