How about a T&TH camo cap?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Dixie Belle

Re: How about a T&TH camo cap?

Postby Dixie Belle » April 2nd, 2012, 9:45 am

Jim,
I think you have a great idea.
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

dewey

Postby dewey » April 3rd, 2012, 7:01 pm

Cut N Run wrote: You know, it almost seems like we should start some kind of project to help raise some money for turkeys or some turkey-related project. Or, we could adopt a hunter with a disability and sponsor them a turkey hunt somewhere special. I'm sure somebody here knows of a wounded warrior or someone similar who could use the opportunity to get out & chase some Longbeards somewhere special. I don't have a lot of $$, but I have some I'd spare towards a thing like that. Maybe we could do a hat drive where a portion of the proceeds could go towards realizing that dream hunt for a deserving hunter. It would make for a good story for the magazine & it would make me feel pretty good to help out someone who sacrificed for all of us.

Jim

I think this is a great idea! Sell hats for $25-$30 or so and the proceeds go to sponsor a wounded warrior on a guided turkey hunting trip. Perhaps even sponsor it through the magazine and the website. Then randomly select a winner or winners depending on the cost and the money raised and send a WW on a hunt of a lifetime.

Kind of a huge thank you to those men and women that protect our freedom. Can we PM Ben and Brian to get their thoughts?

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » June 6th, 2012, 10:26 am

bump
Twitter: @edvogler

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 6th, 2012, 11:09 pm

What about something like this guys? They would say in a green embroidering to help it blend in, TURKEY & TURKEY HUNTING on the front, Forum Member turkeyandturkeyhunting.com on the back. I've run it by Brian and he's ran it by his Boss, we have permission to make our own forum hats. The cost of making these hats is totally up to us members, we pay for the hat and embroidering. If we want to do this I can get the price of them from the company that does them and see if there is a min of how many we need to do?
Attachments
78-846_035325 t-th hat.jpg
78-846_035325 t-th hat.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Last edited by WillowRidgeCalls on June 7th, 2012, 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » June 7th, 2012, 8:07 am

Looks great to me :) I'd go for a couple at least!!
Now to figure out how many ya need for an order, and then don't forget shipping & handling's gonna add up also ;)
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » June 7th, 2012, 8:36 am

Thanks for looking into this Scott. I'm in for at least two, one to wear hunting and one to keep nice.

Is it possible to get the lettering done like what's on the title of the magazine? I think that would help the brand. Let me know where & when to send $$$.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 7th, 2012, 1:14 pm

The min order on embroidered hats is 48 hats.
Now before I find out what the price is on each hat, we need to determin if we want just T&TH on the front and Forum Member on the back, or Forum Member on the front under T&TH ?

TURKEY &
TURKEY HUNTING

Forum Member

TURKEY &
TURKEY HUNTING
front.
Forum Member
turkeyandturkeyhunting.com
back.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » June 7th, 2012, 1:28 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:The min order on embroidered hats is 48 hats.
Now before I find out what the price is on each hat, we need to determin if we want just T&TH on the front and Forum Member on the back, or Forum Member on the front under T&TH ?

TURKEY & TURKEY HUNTING on the front.
Forum Member over turkeyandturkeyhunting.com on the back.

TURKEY &
TURKEY HUNTING

Forum Member

TURKEY &
TURKEY HUNTING
front.
Forum Member
turkeyandturkeyhunting.com
back.

I like the idea of having the Turkey & Turkey Hunting in the front with the same font as they have on the website/magazine and then the forum member name on the back. Will specializing each hat be possible with the supplier.

Thanks for picking this up and running Scott.

I will take 1 no matter where the forum member name ends up.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » June 7th, 2012, 2:06 pm

looks good!!
Twitter: @edvogler

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 7th, 2012, 2:33 pm

I contacted the hat people and asked for a price on a hat with T&TH on the front and Forum Member over truekeyandturkeyhunting.com on the back. We will see what they give us for a price per hat?
The original T&TH hats had just T&TH on the front in bold lettering. I will see if they can do the same with our forum hats? These were done with yellow lettering, ours would be with a light green lettering.
Attachments
T&TH hat.jpg
T&TH hat.jpg (59.14 KiB) Viewed 198 times
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion