Introducing Our New Online Pro-Staffers

The latest news from the field!
Brian Lovett

Introducing Our New Online Pro-Staffers

Postby Brian Lovett » June 6th, 2012, 9:40 am

Turkey & Turkey Hunting is proud to introduce two new online forum pro-staffers: Bobby Parks of Georgia, and Gary Meinke of Colorado. Please join me in welcoming them. Here's some biographical information about our new staffers.

bobby.jpg
bobby.jpg (39.27 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Bobby Parks

I’ve been a regular reader of T&TH magazine for as far back as I can remember and consider it hands down the best turkey publication available. I’ve also been a T&TH forum participant for the past few years.

I was raised in western middle Georgia, which allowed me to be involved in the outdoors and run wild in the woods as a kid. Living on a dirt road with woods around you, in my view, was about as good of environment as you could hope for. My hunting history is the typical progression of squirrel hunting followed by deer hunting and then an expansion into waterfowl and upland birds, and pretty much whatever I get the opportunity to chase.

My true passion, however, is turkey hunting, which I began in 1992 in the Flint River Swamp in middle Georgia. It’s what I think about 12 months out of the year, and I get just as excited now as I did the day I killed my first turkey. I have been lucky enough to hunt successfully here at home and travel to several other states the past 10 years. These include Western states, such Montana, Texas, New Mexico, Idaho and Washington. I’ve also taken birds in Alabama and made one trip to Florida to complete a single-season grand slam.

I’ve been fortunate enough to be involved as a Mossy Oak pro-staffer, a member of Ol’ Tom’s field staff and president of the Grand Slam Network. This involvement has allowed me to meet some really great down-to-earth people and resulted in some great friendships. I truly enjoy being around good turkey people.

I have enjoyed the interaction and camaraderie here at T&TH and look forward to continued involvement here.

gary.jpg
gary.jpg (31.7 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Gary Meinke

I am married with no children and have owned my own one-man tree service since 1981. I keep my business small so I can easily take extended time off to go hunting, and I manage to escape often each spring and fall. Ruffed grouse and wild turkey hunting are my passions.

I have been hunting the wild turkey for more than 20 years and travel away from home for all of my turkey hunting. I usually am camping on my turkey hunting trips and manage to hunt three to five states every spring. In fall, I am primarily a bird hunter and use bird dogs for my upland and waterfowl hunting. I usually own two bird dogs at a time and sometimes three to cover the age spectrum. The German wirehaired pointer has been my breed of choice as of late, especially for ruffed grouse and woodcock hunting in Wisconsin. I do hunt a little hunting for big game, mostly archery, but occasionally pursue big game with a muzzleloader or rifle. I've hunted white-tailed deer, mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep but only actively hunt white-tailed deer regularly now.

For 12 years, I banded bald eagles all over Colorado as a volunteer with the Colorado Division of Wildlife. Since I am a professional tree climber, my job was to climb up into the eagle’s nest and lower the flightless chicks to the ground in a bag using ropes. The eaglets would be banded, and then I would haul them back up into the nest. It was quite the experience, and I got back much more than I gave in time and effort.

Duke0002

Re: Introducing Our New Online Pro-Staffers

Postby Duke0002 » June 6th, 2012, 10:25 am

Super choices, Brian!

Congrats Bobby and Gary.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 6th, 2012, 11:14 am

Congrats to both of you. Both of you are fine hunters and gentlemen.
Is it turkey season yet?

dewey

Postby dewey » June 6th, 2012, 11:25 am

Congratulations to Bobby and treerooster! They are two of the best turkey hunters around and are very deserving of the Pro Staff title.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » June 6th, 2012, 12:26 pm

my hats off to you both, congratulations
David

You never know, unless you go

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » June 6th, 2012, 12:46 pm

Thanks everyone

I've always enjoyed the good people here and it's an honor to be a part of the staff

To come thru the door with the likes of Gary is an honor as well

Being on payroll, all the free turkey hunts, free hunting gear, and travel expenses are great as well

Well...maybe the last statement s a stretch :)

Seriously..it is an honor and look forward to continuing what we always do here....talking turkey
Last edited by Bobbyparks on June 6th, 2012, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » June 6th, 2012, 1:27 pm

Congrats you two! I can't think of a couple of more qualified people for the job.

grizzly

Postby grizzly » June 6th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Bobby and Gary CONGRADS to you both. i have always enjoyed what you two bring to this forum ...wayne

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » June 7th, 2012, 9:37 am

Thanks guys and I appreciate the opportunity.

I didn't know I had a partner coming into this but he is a goodun...eh? Congrats to you too Bobby.

I really like this forum, its set up well with some great opportunity to learn about our passion. There are a lot of guys with a good attitude and turkey knowledge on here and I have learned a LOT with all the indepth discussions we have had.

I am looking forward to doing a lot more yappin & learnin with you guys.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

eggshell

Postby eggshell » June 7th, 2012, 10:37 am

Good choices Brian. Two turkey slayers and fine gentlemen to represent your publication.

There is one thing that I am wondering on though. Does this mean T&TH now endorses the ACME turkey hunting systems as touted by Mr. Parks? If so then I guess it's a big leap of authentication and acceptance as a legitimate turkey killing tool. I still hope that research and development can fine tune the system. I came upon a ACME firing site once and found the remains of 6 squirrels, two deer, 4 crows and several down or damaged trees. Of course this was during the initial field testing era and I suppose they have backed off the charge some and made it more directional. Also I'm considering a law suite for infringement of patent rights. This system looks an awful lot like my Aqua Trophy Fishing system I developed years ago.
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

Next

Return to News from Turkey & Turkey Hunting