Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
trkyklr

RE: Turkey Dogs and Breeders

Postby trkyklr » February 6th, 2009, 5:20 pm

ouch!

wisturkeyhunter

Postby wisturkeyhunter » February 6th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Purcupines worry me. Alot of the land we run Yogi on for grouse and turkeys is loaded with them. Only time he showed interest in one of them he pointed it and I got there in time to drag him away. Having pulled quills from non hunting dog we had I'd rather not have to do it again.

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 7th, 2009, 2:09 am

oh mr turkey commander i know you lOve your dOg but why bring up the past you should be thinking of the future...you run your dog what how many times a year,,,,maybe 12 possible days if he dont come up injured for tenn season ...and maybe 12 times at  ft campbell...that is if he dont get hurt.....maybe you and your dOg buster should get some excersise....so you both will be inshape for the next season ...just like athelets...they need training to perform ..... oh are you trying to mak my dog sound  inferior well lest see twice he was used cause your dog come up lame hope he dont have to get a hip replacement we know how bad that could be..... how much training  is up to you but anything would be an improvement....good luck tc

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 8th, 2009, 10:48 am

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » February 12th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Just wondering how the search was going?
canecreekcalls.com

hunterjim

Postby hunterjim » February 13th, 2009, 4:11 am

Thunderchicken,
     Where are you located in WV?  I live in Hardy Co. just outside Wardensville.  Don't know of anyone with turkey dogs here.  I had one up until about 3 yrs. ago when he was overcome with epilepsy.  Can't seem to replace him.

Jim

Previous

Return to Fall Hunting