Spring!

OakRoadHunter

Spring!

Postby OakRoadHunter » February 6th, 2009, 10:13 am

Spring is upon us boys! I was just wondering when you guys start getting out there to start pinpointing there locations and movment patterns? Any plans for out of state hunts?
Calling 'um up close

deja vu

RE: Spring!

Postby deja vu » February 7th, 2009, 3:59 am

Spring? upon us? Not looking out my window [:D] This time of year it`s nice to see some large flocks, but I don`t usually start looking in areas I hunt till after they break up.

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » February 9th, 2009, 11:07 am

I'm going to wait another month or so.  I know the areas they hang out in, so I really only have to dial it in a bit.  when the snow starts to melt, I'll go out and scout for turkey/hunt for shed antlers.

NYSuperSportsman

Postby NYSuperSportsman » February 10th, 2009, 3:01 pm

I will be out starting next week. My time is very limited this year for scouting so anytime that I get from now until may 1st I will be out in the woods looking for birds. I will have lots of time to hunt in may so I want to at least find some good areas soon. I am very happy that the snow has finally melted somewhat!  But  I would be afraid to say that spring is here yet.....

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » February 12th, 2009, 7:05 pm

Oh, May cant come soon enough! it was nice to lose some snow but we still have a little while left[:(]

tinker

Postby tinker » February 20th, 2009, 9:56 am

I am ready! wayyyyy over ready if thats possible.
 I am blessed in the fact that the flocks on my farm don't stray far and when they break up, they still wander within my happy hunting grounds.
I am seriously thinking about an Osceola hunt in late march. I'll see what happens. 

deja vu

Postby deja vu » February 20th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Just got done plowing 30 inches of spring [:(] [:@]
Come on "real" spring!!!
"Old School Elitist"

OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER

Postby OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER » February 28th, 2009, 7:42 am

I was home in NY last weekend and saw a nice flock of birds walking up into a meadow. Felt good to see that so many birds survived another winter so far.  Last year seemd to be the best season that I can remember in recent years. I can remember back in the early 80's it was tough to find birds but now it seems like they are everywhere. I will be hunting here in MA the last week of April and then It's home to Otsego County for 2 weeks of hunting. I sure as heck hope the weather gets here soon and gets rid of the snow.  Let them fatten up a bit before opening day.  Good luck to everyone this spring.

Mack 

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » March 1st, 2009, 1:45 am

Spring, It's coming, hang in there. The birds are starting to let you know. The cardinals are talking. Have ran the dog up to the farm here in the last couple weeks and all I've seen in the snow are fresh tracks. can't wait to do my preseason scouting for the youth hunts.
  We had a chapter meeting the other night and we are all gettin anxious. I think some have been digging thru their stuff.
active NWTF member
hardwater/softwater pole holder
horn hunter
NRA member

longspur

Postby longspur » March 2nd, 2009, 5:56 am

Hey everyone. I am a new face to the forum, but not necessarily to the turkey woods. Just wondering if anyone has heard any gobbling yet? The last few years I have recorded them gobbling as early as march 5th. I will be out this week in search of the sound that keeps me coming back year after year. Also if anyone has a chance, and is looking for a good read, check out "Tales From the Turkey Woods", by Mike Joyner. I did the illustrations. www.turkeywoods.com. Not trying to sell anything, Just reccomending a good book. Take care, Kevin

Next

Return to New York