Tobacco chewing turkey

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
onpoint

Re: Tobacco chewing turkey

Postby onpoint » May 27th, 2012, 8:00 am

Bobby, I'm glad u still have a sense of humor after the Washington/Idaho ordeal! Ya really got the ball rollin' on this one. Glad to see the rest of ya (specially u Cut 'un Run) still have the ability to laugh after dealin' with these tough ole toms this season. I say we go straight to the hard stuff and try 'em on Apple Sun Cure, Brown Mule, or if he's a "high-class" bird, maybe even a small cut off a plug of Black Mariah!!! :mrgreen:
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » May 27th, 2012, 8:30 pm

onpoint wrote:Bobby, I'm glad u still have a sense of humor after the Washington/Idaho ordeal! Ya really got the ball rollin' on this one. Glad to see the rest of ya (specially u Cut 'un Run) still have the ability to laugh after dealin' with these tough ole toms this season. I say we go straight to the hard stuff and try 'em on Apple Sun Cure, Brown Mule, or if he's a "high-class" bird, maybe even a small cut off a plug of Black Mariah!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks buddy.........good thing about hunting beautiful country is that it's not a total loss if you don't kill a bird

Liked Jims "standing in the shade..looking tough" comment as well as some of the other comments...think we feed off each other :)

This place has good people with good senses of humor
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » May 27th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Great thread guys. Hey Bobby, really liked your article on taking pictures.
I was just wondering if "snuff box" tubes would be better calls for these particular birds? Do you think they develop circular worn out places on their tail feathers from carrying cans of Cope hidden away under their feathers? :D
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

onpoint

Postby onpoint » May 28th, 2012, 8:33 am

Dixie Belle wrote:I was just wondering if "snuff box" tubes would be better calls for these particular birds?
Ted

:lol: :lol: :lol: U guys are killin' me. I love it!!!
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » May 28th, 2012, 9:52 am

Boys snuff cans do make better calls around here. Thats why you see slate calls and tube calls made out of them. I wish I could have put them on the market but the ol' boys at Knight n Hale beat me to it. :lol:

http://www.basspro.com/Knight-&-Hale-Gr ... 600/276241

Hey Dixie, they keep it under thier wing that way it doesnt fall out when they are strutting. :lol: :lol:

I met up with the farmer Saturday afternoon and he took me to the patch and sure enough the bird had pulled up some plants again. Boy did I get some dirty looks when I started laughing at the situation and seeing him getting pissed at the bird. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » May 29th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Dixie Belle wrote:Great thread guys. Hey Bobby, really liked your article on taking pictures.
rs? :D
Ted

Thanks Ted

It really was an efort to just get those that don't to thnk more about capturing the moment with photos and maybe motivating some to take the time.

Theres really been a pretty good turn out and influx of photos since
ACME PRO STAFF

onpoint

Postby onpoint » May 30th, 2012, 7:35 am

Since we're jesting here:

Hey Ted, that's not the same ACME company's equipment that the Coyote used to "catch" the Roadrunner with is it? I'm just sayin... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » May 30th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Onpoint,
Not quite sure which "roadrunner" you mean???? But, if its the one I posted a while back in the "Trail Cam" section that old boy is on my "Things To Do Bad Things To" list for this fall, even if I have to use the "ACME Laser Guided Long Range Snood Seeking" ammo. ;)
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » May 30th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Dixie Belle wrote:Onpoint,
Not quite sure which "roadrunner" you mean???? But, if its the one I posted a while back in the "Trail Cam" section that old boy is on my "Things To Do Bad Things To" list for this fall, even if I have to use the "ACME Laser Guided Long Range Snood Seeking" ammo. ;)
Ted

Using ACME Products does open up a whole new world of possibilities and makes for interesting days in the field....can also lead to hearing loss..temporary blindness and forest fires if in untrained hands .....actually can cause loss of hands.

The new ACME Hunting Systems catalog should be out late Fall..May have a Tobacco Leaf pattern..but not sure......and online training classes should be available once the surviving Pro Staffers finalize their suggestions based on past experiences and the recovered charred documents from former staffers
ACME PRO STAFF

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 30th, 2012, 11:20 pm

LMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion