well its summertime

The latest news from the field!
bamabirdbuster13

well its summertime

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » May 23rd, 2012, 7:09 pm

well i finally took the final step and took my full strut decoy ,my camo ,and randow locators out of my car. i guess now i can get into some full time fishing. been killing the bass latly with a few good sizers.gonna save some gallon heavy duty degreaser bottles from work and do some jugg fishing. had an organizational meltdown at work so i have a case of out of date chicken livers to fish with. its like gods begging me to fish! well how do yall plan spending the summer months before hunting seasons to start.
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

Dixie Belle

Re: well its summertime

Postby Dixie Belle » May 23rd, 2012, 9:08 pm

Well Bama, fishing sounds good to me. It gets too hot down here for too much else once summer really cranks up.
Heading out next week for the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina with my Uncle to trout fish and camp for a week or so, then taking the Missus over to the panhandle to Port St. Joe to snorkle for scallops when the season opens. The rest of the time will probably be in the shop cranking out a few calls, dodging honey do's and if I'm lucky maybe I can talk one of my charter captain buddies into dragging me along on a Red Bass trip or two. Might even see if I can scare up a "stanky" old Florida bass in fresh water if things get slow :lol: :lol: .
Lots of good luck on your bass and catfish fishing. Take care and hold it "tween the ditches.
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » May 23rd, 2012, 9:26 pm

For me its time to do some slaughtering on other critters. Frog season just opened up this past weekend and I will have to check but Im pretty sure squirrel spring season starts this weekend. So starting this weekend frogs at night and squirrels during the day. Man sometimes there is not enough hours in the day to do all the hunting you want. :D If I find some extra time I will do a little bass fishing. I tried last week at one of our ponds and I be durn if a stupid charlay cow did decide to use my truck as a play toy. She head butted it right in between the tire and drivers side door. :evil: After getting it popped out so I didnt have to do the General Lee move on getting in I did catch a nice 5 lb catfish and about 20 blue gill. Good luck to everyone this summer and be safe. I cant wait till fall season gets here to bag a few hens that were annoying this spring. :D
Is it turkey season yet?

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » June 29th, 2012, 7:21 pm

I have an archery bear tag that I'm trying to fill and I have family and friends that have early archery bull elk tags in my back yard in Arizona that I'll be scouting and setting out trail camera's for.

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » June 30th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Visit our new grandson! Fishing, get fall turkey hunting stuff organized, baby the shotguns, practice with the xcross bow, shoot at some groundhogs, fix a tree stand, wait for squirrel season.

Oh yeah, ...did i mention fishing :lol:

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » July 16th, 2012, 1:45 am

doing the same as you bama...FISHING!!! Been killing the bass, which is the only thing i fish for in the summer, im a total addict, fish a tournament once in a while, its awesome. i love venison but im almost sad when deer season gets here cause i love bass fishing so much
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

glenhunter

Postby glenhunter » July 21st, 2012, 12:11 am

I'm doing just the opposite............ I'm ordering additional decoys, getting my ground blind ready for transport, bought some ammo, have been to my range, and switched over my barrel to turkey from my deer one! I know it's just mid summer (bummer) but one can dream right? :D

gh

dewey

Postby dewey » July 22nd, 2012, 9:32 am

My wife and I are working on finishing our unfinished basement. We are adding a bathroom and a bedroom the by the end of next winter we hope to have the bar area and living room area done. It is a lot of work but it is very satisfying doing almost all of the work ourselves. We have also had a few weekends of pontooning and drinking beer. I am also planning next springs turkey hunt for Merriams in either SD, WY, NE or MT.

Have a great summer.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to News from Turkey & Turkey Hunting