UPDATE ON THE HOGS

retranger

UPDATE ON THE HOGS

Postby retranger » February 2nd, 2012, 10:42 pm

Yup they are here!!! Clinton county in the Peru area (Ruffs Orchard, Bear Swanp road next to 87) They had a report on the channel 5 news (Plattsburgh) this evenly and will have another report on Monday night news on an evenly hunt that took place. They are open game at this time no regs on them. Hunt them whenever and however you want.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Mossberg835

Re: UPDATE ON THE HOGS

Postby Mossberg835 » February 7th, 2012, 10:10 am

I wouldnt mind doin some hog hunting! free bacon for the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

little city kid: you mean bacon comes from a piggy mommy?
mommy: yes billy
little city kid: but porkys my friend (starts crying)
mommy: Wild porkys are naughty though billy, they eat all the other animals food so they have to be dealt with
little city kid: ok mommy

:D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » February 7th, 2012, 10:35 am

no kiddn, tho they are pretty destructive critters, from what i've read, i would like to go get some wild pork chops myself.....baby back ribs.....man o man ;)

every gun makes its own tune.....

retranger

Postby retranger » February 19th, 2012, 8:56 am

Here is a link to an article on the wild hogs that was in todays Press Republican
http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x2 ... nfestation
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

grizzly

Postby grizzly » February 19th, 2012, 10:35 am

i hope their traps work . but i fear that this problem has already gotten out of hand and the mild winter is just going to make it worse . reports in my area is they are being seen often which i'm afraid means there is number of them and riddind ourselfs of this pest is going to be a fight...wayne

retranger

Postby retranger » April 8th, 2012, 6:26 pm

Well DEC says they have captured all but 2 big boars in our area!!!! :D :D :lol: :lol: We will see what developes by fall :roll: :roll:

tex3012

Postby tex3012 » April 9th, 2012, 8:13 am

choot um' !!!
--------------------
twitter @fishinreport
-------------------

grizzly

Postby grizzly » April 9th, 2012, 4:11 pm

well that's all well and good but how many sows are out there running around and when they have their piglets this spring that will replace the two boars ten fold i'm afraid this problem has already gotten out of hand in my area there's been reported sightings every week and the easy winter we had this year sure didn't hurt them any ....wayne

retranger

Postby retranger » May 23rd, 2012, 8:19 am

I was in the Peru area yesterday and stopped by Ruffs orchard for apples. Said to the clerk my wife wants some apples and I want a pig. :D Short story ,,,, the pigs are still there!!! Some folks happy and some not. She said all we saw on the news was not completely true. :o :roll: DEC trap some but not all. They have a large strawberry plantation and she said the hogs really like them. I had my doubts about DEC removing them from the area. :lol:

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 23rd, 2012, 10:42 am

Damn pigs, hopefully they get taken care of before NY turns into some of the southern states that have a HUGE problem with wild hogs
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Return to New York