It has begun...

Gopherlongbeards

It has begun...

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 18th, 2012, 12:11 pm

the 2012 MN season officially began today! Good luck A season hunters. 10 days to go till I get my shot in C season :D

turkey junky

Re: It has begun...

Postby turkey junky » April 18th, 2012, 11:51 pm

yes MN turkeys are in trouble now for sure!!! i open my season on monday 4/23 season B eastern turkeys are now on the hit list 4 me!!!

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » April 18th, 2012, 11:52 pm

congrats to all who had there foot on a gobblers neck today & good luck to all the others that will hopefully do so in the following days!!!

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 22nd, 2012, 9:31 pm

Good luck tomorrow B season hunters. Anyone else besides TJ hunting B? looks like you'll have some good weather, a little different from B last year!

dewey

Postby dewey » April 22nd, 2012, 11:26 pm

Good luck tomorrow TJ! The Star Tribune had a little write up in the Sunday paper and it sounded like the there have been about 1200 gobblers registered through the first two days of time period A. I am with you Gopher and anxiously awaiting Saturday for the season to start.

Good luck to all season B hunters.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » April 23rd, 2012, 4:40 pm

Good luck MN hunters. The birds across the border are running big on the scales this year hope MN birds are the same.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

dewey

Postby dewey » May 7th, 2012, 1:49 pm

According to the May 6th Minneapolis Star Tribune says this has been a fabulous spring for turkey hunters. Through April 27th MN hunters have harvested 5,025 birds. That is just slightly behind the record pace of 5,083 harvested in 2010. In 2010 hunters harvested a record 13,467 birds. Last year MN hunters only harvested 3,628 birds.

It will be interesting to see how the total comes out at the end of the season. My group has gone three for three so far with the possibility of taking my 12 year old nephew this weekend and hopefully scoring a 4 for 4.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » May 7th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Just goes to show you how it can vary from place to place and how weather plays a role. Last year was MUCH better for us than this year.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » May 8th, 2012, 1:08 pm

my group did well 3-4 & my brother who was not in the group scored as well all mature toms!!! last yrwe went 4 for 6 i missed so it should of been 5-6 my dad got shafted! no chance!!!

me on the other hand im running a 3 year snake bit here in MN & im about done hunting in MN B4 WI i will get a WI tag for the same MN season as i draw or buy next yr & start my hunt there & finish in MN once i get a bird!!! MN has let me down for 3 yrs lol guess i need to travel to tag birds??? oh well somebody has to do it!!!

dewey

Postby dewey » May 21st, 2012, 10:19 am

According to the May 20th Minneapolis Star Tribune the 2012 spring turkey hunt is going very well.

Turkey harvest
Minnesota's spring turkey hunters killed 9,967 birds through Season E last week, the second-highest total ever for this point in the season. The tally is exceeded only by the 10,385 turkeys taken through the same period in 2010, a record-harvest year. The season closes May 31.

Here is a link the the story shown above.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdo ... 13145.html

Dewey

       

Return to Minnesota