COOL FIND

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
HILLBILLY

COOL FIND

Postby HILLBILLY » August 10th, 2008, 2:37 pm

WENT GINSENG HUNTING YESTERDAY AND AFTER WE CAME OUT OF THE WOODS WE STOPPED AT THE LANDOWNERS GARDEN AND FOUND THESE. MOST WERE BROKEN BUT SOME WERE STILL IN ONE PIECE.

MAKIN A LIVIN' SIX INCHES FROM HELL

hoosierhunter

RE: COOL FIND

Postby hoosierhunter » August 11th, 2008, 2:51 am

Been a real long time since I have  been Ginsengin, but before grandpap passed he left me his ginseng hoe, with a carved handle and a crystal door knob on the end that he use to tell us kids was his hope diamond. I miss ole grandpap, and I'll cherish that ole hoe for a long time.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, and STAY SAFE!
                                                                                                     L.K.LESLIE

Cut N Run

RE: COOL FIND

Postby Cut N Run » February 5th, 2009, 6:19 am

Cool Find is right!  I have been an arrowhead hunter for decades, though it is getting harder to find a good place to look that hasn't already been picked over.  I have several hundred whole points from the N.C. piedmont. I'm not sure I can identify all those point types from the picture, but the one on the top left looks like a Savannah River from about 3,000 B.C. to around 1,900 B.C..The one at the top right might be a drill.  Depending where those came from, they can have different names for similar styles.

You can probably get identification help by going to the PaleoPlanet site and posting a clearer picture. Thanks for posting.

One the places I Turkey hunt has a field we sometimes find some pretty old points.  I recently found a Kirk corner notch (8,000 B.C.) there.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Off Topic