Ever hunt another state?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
trkynut54

Ever hunt another state?

Postby trkynut54 » February 4th, 2009, 3:38 pm

I hunted New York about 4 years ago along the Finger Lakes and the Connecticut Hill area for a week. We heard some gobblers, even saw one but couldn't do anything with them. I'm thinking of hunting Maryland in 2010. I'm from Pennsylvania and figure to hunt another state close to me. Anyone else ever hunt Maryland?
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

sonofdsouth72

RE: Ever hunt another state?

Postby sonofdsouth72 » February 5th, 2009, 5:52 am

i will be this season i will be heading up to nc mtns and hunt and maybe to ga not sure on that one . next year heading out to nebraska or oklahoma or both if i have the money .
there never is a off day of hunting !

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » February 5th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Use to hunt Alabama two to three weeks every year great hunting and very nice people.

Turkeybuster

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » February 5th, 2009, 5:46 pm

I have hunted South dakota the last four years. First two years in the hills and the last two on the praries. Was successful both years in the hills but have switched to the prarie due to the overwhelming pressure that has popped up for the opener in the hills.

Last year girlfriend and I went to Iowa after Sd, best eastern hunting I have ever seen both tagged out the first day. This year foregoing Iowa due to ridicoulous cost and am doing SD and Wyoming.

shaman

Postby shaman » February 6th, 2009, 1:54 am

I'm a native of Ohio, but I consider my hunting home base to be KY.  I've also hunted MI, PA, MS, and TN.  I would have hunted IN, but at that time they did not allow non-residents to hunt turkey.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion