My aggravation scale is red lining

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
ylpnfol

Re: My aggravation scale is red lining

Postby ylpnfol » May 13th, 2012, 9:16 am

best of luck in your quest for some new land to hunt, i am sure most of us have been in that boat at one time or another, it will all work out for the best in the long run, tho it probably doesn't seem that way now, to borrow the tag line from " Davids Guide Service " [ where i can't call up one for my buddy for nuthin ] Thank God there's always next time....carry on soldier

every gun makes its own tune.....

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » May 13th, 2012, 12:14 pm

i could not imagine be told you have to come work on my farm to be able to hunt there 1!!! & 2 i cant beleave the guy wants you to work around his schedule!!!??? 3 to tell you you didnt work there enuff B4 season!? what first class A HOLE!!! i guess that is why i hunt public land!!! you have to find better folks to allow you to access there land sound like that would take the fun out of it for me as if i do all that work i would have a expectation to kill a gobbler & or put to much pressure on my self to do so... i dont like hunting the same place day in & day out thats why i choose to hunt all public except for our long time friend in SE MN we have been hunting there for 27 yrs & i can say i love that guy!!! he could care less about hunting turkeys but like to see us hunt there for them & the turkeys do there thing in the spring... he has told us & a few other groups of hunters that he has allowed to hunt there that if we try to pay him or buy him gifts or just plane KISS HIS A** it would be our last season of hunting there!!!
man i love that!!! gaining permission on a hand shake & a quick chat with good folks! he is a ex military man & up front & expects the same... we have brought down bob white quail & ring neck pheasant to be released around his farm & his buddys farms we also have brought him down bantum chickens on his request but other then give n him a recipe for my moms salsa we havent had to do a thing to hunt his land the way it should be...

to me cut n run that land owner just wants something for nothing he wants you to do some work on his farm so he can sit on his A** & do nothing then he has the nerve to control when you can work & hunt!!! his land cant be that good??? id have to say save up your money & take a out of state hunt to say kansas or nebraska tons of birds & tons of land not over run with knuckleheads & poachers!!! if you like that kind of hunt go to oklahoma there are lots of knuckleheads out that way!

better luck next season & hope everything works it-self out for you

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » May 13th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Just got finished reading through these six pages,...and all I got to say is Oh My God! What a nightmare turkey season, Jim! You have my admiration for sticking with it for the entire season with so many run-ins with Bad Luck. That kind of dedication only comes from a real die-hard turkey hunter! Let's hope you got rid of a few years of misfortune during this one. The bright side is that it can only get better from here....hopefully....

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 14th, 2012, 4:14 am

Sorry to hear about that Jim, I know what it feels like to lose your spot, sucks balls. I hope you get a great place for next year :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 14th, 2012, 7:54 am

I learned during rehab in the hospital that it takes the bad days to be able to appreciate the good ones...I just didn't expect to have so many bad ones this turkey season. I guess now I'm owed a few really good ones. Maybe I had such a great run of good fortune in the past that the bad chose this year to rear it's ugly head. Either way, I'm glad to have it behind me and I feel lucky to be able to turkey hunt at all.

That landowner has a lot of nerve. He didn't used to be that way. He can act however he wants to, because I'll be hunting and helping out somewhere else from here on. He probably helped me by forcing me to find new hunting areas.

Thanks for the support, understanding, and kind words from everybody here during my turkey season form hell this year. I really appreciate it and value your cyber-friendship and brotherhood (sisterhood too, msbadger).

Jim
Last edited by Cut N Run on May 14th, 2012, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luck Counts, good or bad

eggshell

Postby eggshell » May 14th, 2012, 7:58 am

Jim,
I really feel bad for you. I have gotten some raw deals over hunting spots, but you win the prize. Jesus told his disciples when they ran into an obstinate people to shake the dust from their feet and move on. Perhaps some day when he meets our maker he will hear, "you haven't worked enough on my property so you can't come to heaven".

Good luck finding fruitful ground
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

onpoint

Postby onpoint » May 15th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Sorry the season was a bust. I don't what I'd do if I lost my KS connection. Chasin' gobs here in NW FL is hit or misss at best. Hope u get some primo property for next season.
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » May 15th, 2012, 6:54 pm

I hate it for ya, Jim. Can't say ya didn't give it your best. Damn turkeys and others in your case! Consider a 3 day license in SC next year.
South Carolina Low Country

tracebusta39

Postby tracebusta39 » May 15th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Jim I really do hate it for you man, I know how you felt for 3 weeks out of the season...Had 2 hunters get between me and the birds and shoot them under me, missed my first 3 shots on birds using a new gun, had 2 coyotes ruin hunts, had a tractor ruin another and believe it or not I had crows ruin a hunt....Sounded like there were 2 thousand of them all in one place ( where my bird gobbled) and they sounded off for over an hour non stop.

If I had gotten on here during the season and saw how you was doing you woulda been welcome to come up this way and we could have tried to double team them.
Again sorry about your bad luck but like you said at least its out of the way....

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 15th, 2012, 11:08 pm

I'm happy you were able to break out of the funk troubling you to finish the season very nicely, Trace. Thanks very much for the kind offer. I appreciate it very much. I normally wouldn't have had so much trouble using my tags. I really found out how much it matters to have a good location properly scouted out. I spent so much time in the past hunting and learning the land at the lease that I neglected to keep an ace up my sleeve kind of spot. I figured that I had my bases covered with the horse farms, but suddenly turkey hunting has become more popular around there. Lesson learned. Turkeys better look out next year, because now I've got some catching up to do.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion