Lost my spot... For now :(

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Mossberg835

Lost my spot... For now :(

Postby Mossberg835 » May 13th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Well, what has been an amazing turkey season turned sour this Thursday. I was informed by my father and my brother that the owner of the land I hunt on, Mr.Singleton, wanted to speak to me. Apparently the neighbor, who has trespassed on everybodies property, left him a nasty note basically stating that somebody was shooting around his house. I was at least 250-300 yards from his house when I shot. The law stats I must be at least 500ft so I was following the law. My gun is really light and I shoot 3.5inch 2 1/4 oz shells so my gun doesn't absorb hardly any recoil, so it's super loud. I mean for god sakes, my mother said it sounded like I was in the front yard and I was half a mile away. Now Mr. Singleton doesn't want me to hunt till he can talk to the neighbor and who knows when that will be. Sigh. It just frustrates me that I strive to follow all the laws and hunt right and I get kicked out of my spot because I shoot a turkey and some douche who doesn't follow the law is jealous. I know he is jealous cause he asked my brother were he was hunting and he told him and he said we were lucky we could hunt in there. Hopefully I get Permission to a spot down the road were no houses are close at all and nobody hunts and there are plenty of gobbling turkeys.
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

bamabirdbuster13

Re: Lost my spot... For now :(

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » May 13th, 2012, 7:10 pm

yea man that definatly sucks the life out of ya.. we had a guy who runs cows on alot of the land i hunt try to get us kicked off of a piece another farmer had after we kept telling the other farmer his cows were getting into his corn and r food plots.he told them we kept leaving the gaps down and we drove over his hotwire fence.we were jusy lucky the steady diet of friendship,deer meat, hams, and frozen turkeys at the hollidays kept me in good graces with the landowners so they jut blew the guy off.i hoe you find another place to hunt soon good luck.
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 13th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Thanks bama. I hate when crap like this happens. 3 years ago I couldn't hunt my deer spot on opening day of gun season cause of some fat trouble making douche

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » May 13th, 2012, 9:05 pm

yea man thats the pitts. this year we had to really be low key on what we were doing and especially who we told. after my double on opening day we were eating lunch and we told a local man what we had done and he said he had always hunted down there for years .we havnt seen him in six years of hunting behind my house. well that guy hunted around us for the rest of the season trying to say we were killing all the birds and that we were hunting birds that he had found. the birds on the land in my "killing me" post. the only reason he found em was because he heard me talking to a friend at work. well us and a few people including the douche meet at the gas station to shoot the breeze everymorning before going hunting, and everyone says he will find where your hunting get permission and then skip the morning chat to be in the woods before anyone.i just got the upperhand evertime this year. :lol:
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 14th, 2012, 3:59 am

Don't you just hate people like that!!! It's "hunters" like that that give us law abiding respectful and ethical hunters a bad name...pisses me off. But what are you gonna do, just got to take it in stride and continue on :) :) :)

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 14th, 2012, 8:17 am

I feel for you & hope everything works out. I know all about losing a good hunting spot and it stinks. I'm hoping the best for you in landing that new spot. Try as they might, you can't let jackasses ruin your hunting.

Turkey loads are probably one of the loudest and most powerful rounds out there. My wife and some of her friends rode their horses up on a couple of guys patterning their guns in a field and they had the courtesy to wait until the riders crossed the road before they went back to shooting. Even then, my wife was astonished by how loud they were.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » May 14th, 2012, 10:52 am

That's a bummer for sure. Sorry to hear you were pushed out by some busy body. :x Feel bad for the landowner too, no win situation there. I'm a believer in Karma though, so they'll get there's at some point and something good should pop up for you. MAybe losing this property will get you on to another hot spot that you wouldn't have found before.

Good luck,

TJ
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 16th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Ya, hopefully it works out like that. The spot down the road is loaded, as was my spot. Can't get ahold of the owner though till I get to the town clerks and find out his address cause he don't live there. Got to do it soon cause I'm runnin out of time

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 17th, 2012, 8:27 pm

Depending on where you live and what services might be available, you could do a search for the County GIS page on line. Just type in County and State and +GIS, then use the map to locate the property. If there is such a thing, it would show the property owner's name and perhaps an address to contact them. It may tell you how many acres the property is and perhaps even identify the property boundaries. I use it daily in my business to help locate documents related to my work. I hope this helps.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 17th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Thanks Jim, I will have to give that a try I fi can't get to the townclerks this weekend :D

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion