Toms are responding!!!

turkey junky

Re: Toms are responding!!!

Postby turkey junky » May 9th, 2012, 10:02 pm

hey charlie whats up??? thank you as well for all your help & good tips & info for both WI & OK ... i did tell you or you did read that i got my -self a fat 2 yr old on public land as well he had a 10.75-11 inch beard 22-24 pound 3/4 inch spurs on thursday & my dad got his on monday we drove home as the trout fisherman & morel mushroom hunters were out in full force!!! we let the woods quit down a little & hit a new tract of land in a new area & we had a great flash hunt!!!

i will be back to wisconsin for sure no ifs and or butts for turkey hunting & will most likely do a lot of hunting across the border next season as like charlie i will have a hunting dog i have to sneak away from & will have to limit my out of state travels & days away from home... & a 3 hour drive is something i can handle!!! & the liberal tags & seasons in WI make it a must stop for me next season i found some killer spots & i just barely scratched the surface of whats to be found in that region of WI as far as spring turkey hunting goes!!! plus great trout fishing & in most towns/countys friendly people & plenty of turkeys it was a great time aside from the rainy early mornings & sheer number of ticks that were found on us!!!

you know them tags are eating away at me my dad had to pull me away from the counter as i wanted to buy another tag but i figure 2 set ups & 2 gobblers was fine with me & i do have a nebraska & maybe a WY black hills hunt planned i leave sunday night so by the time i get back home from the 10-14 day trip your WI season will be over with... wish me luck & i wish the same to you charlie & ticklishtompro
my 2 new wisconsin turkey hunting buds if you guys ever want 2 share a hunt next season i am game!!!??? maybe i atke you to wear i have hunted or hunt & you take me & so on??? mite be fun??? i will be applying next season for a early season tag so i dont have to worry about them morel mushroom hunters & educated turkeys for the most part??? just have to worry about bad weather!!! remember last season!!!

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » May 10th, 2012, 2:12 pm

turkey junky wrote:hey charlie whats up??? thank you as well for all your help & good tips & info for both WI & OK ... i did tell you or you did read that i got my -self a fat 2 yr old on public land as well he had a 10.75-11 inch beard 22-24 pound 3/4 inch spurs on thursday & my dad got his on monday we drove home as the trout fisherman & morel mushroom hunters were out in full force!!! we let the woods quit down a little & hit a new tract of land in a new area & we had a great flash hunt!!!

Excellent news,I had not read about your hunt as I have been very busy turkey hunting myself. Congratulations. BTW, don't worry about folks out and about they have very little affect on the turkeys; unless of course you are working a bird and stumble into your setup. But then, hey, that's all part of the package. We hunters don't own the woods.
Still thousands of tags available for the last 2 seasons. So many tags, so little time. ;)

Good hunting everyone who is hardcore and still out there.

This week the toms around here have become harder to work, in a way that makes it even more fun and challenging. :)
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » May 10th, 2012, 2:27 pm

yes there is enuff land for all of us to share... i have to say them turkeys get much much less vocal after a few power walking morel hunters stamped by them with in ear shout & on a small tract of land thats never a good thing... we do not own the woods but at least we do buy & pay tags stamps & licenses fees...

just got back from a ride to the mayo clinic today & seen about 15-25 stutters & 3-7 hens 12 or so jakes its a great time to still be in the woods with tags in your pocket id say!!! i love the late season as much or even more then opening wks as there are always still flocks early & not so much the case late season...

good luck all you late season hunters the BBQ & fishing can wait a few more WKs!!!

Previous

Return to Wisconsin