NASCAR (Favorite Driver?)

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

NASCAR (Favorite Driver?)

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » April 27th, 2008, 10:38 am

Figured I'd start this one! #88 and #20 for me.
"I wish to make no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harms way"
-John Paul Jones

Fan Club

RE: NASCAR (Favorite Driver?)

Postby Fan Club » April 27th, 2008, 11:17 am

# 29, Kevin Harvick. I like Junior too (# 88)

More to the point...who I don't like - Jeff Gordon

When I've been at the track (Michigan) I always rent the headset to listen to Crew Chief/ Driver radio transmissions. Gordon is the biggest whiner on the circuit, and sorry to say, Stewart is a close second.

A couple years ago I became a Harvick fan after he ran Gordon off the track on a road course and then the very next week he boxed Gordon out and prevented him from getting back on the lead lap at the Michigan race. My kind of guy.

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » April 27th, 2008, 12:45 pm

I would have to say that my most hated is Kyle Busch.  He's an arogant little [email=!@#$%]!@#$%[/email] and thinks he's something special. 

"I wish to make no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harms way"
-John Paul Jones

Spurred

Postby Spurred » April 27th, 2008, 12:53 pm

I don't watch racing, but I'm curious why everyone seems to dislike Gordon. I hear that a lot. Is it because of the way he drives, or is cause he's a "pretty boy"? Just curious.

The only driver I'm really a fan of (not NASCAR) is Danica Patrick. :)

Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » April 27th, 2008, 12:59 pm

Historicly, in my opinion, he is not part of the good ole boys club.  In the early days stock car racing was a Southern sport.  Now you'll see people competing from all over the country now and they are more excepted.  Plus it is true...he is a whiner and would run his own mother into the wall but then again I think they all would! LOL I am finding myself liking him and johnson more now that they are team mates.  Also, there is a big myth that he and Dale Earnhart Sr. were arch enemies and thats the furthest from the truth.  They were very good friends and had quite a few business ventures together.  So basicly he's hated for a few things and there is jealousy over how much he has achieved in a short ammount of time.
-John Paul Jones

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » April 28th, 2008, 4:07 am

Yep, I'm with Ridge Runner- Gordon and Stewart both hail from Indiana and are not considered part of the southern Good 'Ol Boys Club although they are both very talented drivers. If you are going to dish it out, you've got to be able to take it and these two are complainers both at the track and in their media barbs. I'm sure that jealousy of their success plays into it as well.

As has been pointed out, the Good 'Ol Boys Club is rapidly diminishing with the Busch's being from Las Vegas, Harvick and Biffle from California and foreign drivers like Montoya and Franchitti crossing over from Indy car.

It's all in good fun and the spirit of competition though.

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

STEROIDCHICKEN

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 7th, 2008, 9:47 am

i've gotta go with my boy #88, dale jr.. being a relative of the king #43, i have also gotta rout for my boy kyle for success which it will probably never happen.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

Dank

Postby Dank » May 8th, 2008, 6:05 am

I've been to talladega four or five times and the scene in the parking lot beats the hell out of the race. I just cant get into watching 500 left turns. Go to the Barber Motorsports track in Birmingham and watch those guys who race crotch rockets around that road course (even in the rain), now thats racing. You know, no offense though (I'm considered wierd around here), but give me F1 or any other road racing over NASCAR anyday.
Failure is often our best teacher.

O.I.F.VET28

Postby O.I.F.VET28 » January 30th, 2009, 3:03 pm

ORIGINAL: STEROIDCHICKEN

i've gotta go with my boy #88, dale jr.. being a relative of the king #43, i have also gotta rout for my boy kyle for success which it will probably never happen.

How is Dale JR kin to Richard Petty??
Real Turkey Hunters dont need Decoys, Choke Tubes, Fiber Optic Sights, Modern Camo, or Guns!!

Real Turkey Hunters only use Burlap Sacks for Camo, and when they call a Turkey in they jump on their back and slit the Toms throat with a Swiss Army Knife

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » February 5th, 2009, 6:23 am

I pull for Scott Riggs because he lives right around the corner from me.  He's had some tough breaks lately, but he's a good driver & a good guy as well.
Luck Counts, good or bad

Next

Return to Off Topic