Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
turkeydoghunter

RE: Something new to try!

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 25th, 2009, 4:08 am

heard ya went scuba diving in a pond earllllllll

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 25th, 2009, 7:19 am

mark ...im sure you find this interesting ....frank and i have been friends since 1994 when i bought a call from him....and earl is a friend too....yeah we bicker and sometimes it gets carried away.....but i do respect both as hunters and friends ...sometimes we do this ....[:)] 

mark hay

Postby mark hay » January 25th, 2009, 8:39 am

reminds me of those 2 hillbillies that bugs bunny encountered. they were best friends while shootin' at each other ,,,pullin' one anothers beards and dancin' together.           carry on boys

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 25th, 2009, 8:43 am

kinda like tk and mike?

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » January 26th, 2009, 1:50 am

dang fellers, i leave for a couple days & all hell breaks loose!what gives?   in my opinion its like that ol movie...what was the name of it?oh yeah grumpy old men[:D][:D][:D]

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » January 27th, 2009, 12:48 pm

WOW! I am amazed! I feel like I started a fire or something. Ok First. I will be the first one to admit that i am a novice at the Turkey hunting game although I have been an avid hunter for many years I had never got into Spring Turkey till a few years ago. I have learned alot in the last couple years. Some from books and videos. Some from you guys on here. But mostly I have been learning from the Turkeys themselves. Yes. I made a gadget that unknown to me had been made and tried years ago. But It works well for me and all I wanted to do was to share that with the many other Turkey hunters here who have helped me in my endeavor. I hold no contempt or hard feelings over some of the ribbing over this. I was very proud of what I had made and now feel a little foolish about it. But. You live and learn. I am not a kid by any means but there are some young hunters out there who will try some things they think is new and will want to share it here as well. I hope that being young they do not get discouraged if they get some ribbing. It's hard enough to keep the young kids out there interested in hunting these days. And one day I may put up a post of another hairbrained idea I get. LOL! Hey. Ya never know. I might come up with a good one at some point in time!

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » January 29th, 2009, 6:07 am

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander

I can remember the last time I used Dr.Toms Turkey Scent just like it was yesterday.

I had just put out my hen da'coy spread and was real carefull to just sprinkled a few drops behind their ears. (that stuff is real powerfull).

I had just made it back to the safety of my out'e house turkey blind when I realized that I had accidently spilled the bottle of Dr.Toms Turkey Scent on my britches leg. [:-]

I kept telling myself everthings going to be okay....just calm down.

I zipperd all my windows shut except the one in front...I hit my call...yelp..yelp..yelp....at that very instance I heard a thunderous gobble just behind my out'e house turkey blind...I purt near jumped out the front window.

The old gobbler was strutting and drumming to beat the band...I could hear him rubbing his feathers up and down the back of the blind...kinda like he was caressing the blind.
By now I was shaking like a leaf.....I just kept telling myself it's okay he can't get in this blind with you.

Then I heard the flapping of wings....whosh..whosh..whosh I looked up and he was air born and heading straight for the front window...needless to say I slipped out the back door and high tailed it to my truck.

As I was driving away I kept seeing his shadow following me down the highway..it was weeks before I went back to get my blind.

LMAO
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » January 29th, 2009, 11:51 am

> I can remember the last time I used Dr.Toms Turkey Scent... <

I laughed my a$$ off too but wanted to wait until the bruhaha simmered down before admitting it.

[:D]
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Previous

Return to Strategies