questionable strategy

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
turkeydoghunter

RE: questionable strategy

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 27th, 2009, 2:43 pm

shaman

Postby shaman » January 27th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Well, I guess we're all safe then.   Sorry I brought it up.  As long as I have the likes you all poaching my property, I'll feel safe.

[8|]
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » January 27th, 2009, 4:23 pm

ORIGINAL: shaman

Well, I guess we're all safe then.   Sorry I brought it up.  As long as I have the likes you all poaching my property, I'll feel safe.

[8|]

i think this is your shortest post ever[:D]

shaman

Postby shaman » January 28th, 2009, 12:01 am

Really?
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » January 28th, 2009, 12:47 am

naaa

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 28th, 2009, 3:25 am

or scrambled[:D]

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » January 29th, 2009, 6:00 am

I think that guy is lookin' to get shot, the idiot 
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » February 9th, 2009, 9:13 pm

I hunt on both privite and public land. Although you have less chance to run into a careless hunter on privite property, it can still happen! One privite tact of land owned by my Dads neighbor has some good hunting. My father and I have control over who hunts this property and if the owner has someone who wants to hunt it he actually calls ahead of time to see if we plan on hunting it that day first. So we know who is allowed there and who is not. This past deer season My hunting buddy and I was in a tree stand and saw this guy walking through the one feild we were watching. I started to make my way towards him and when he saw me he started to move faster to get to his truck he had parked farther down the road near stae game property. I got to him just before he got out of the feild and asked him if he had permission to be there. Now he was an older fella and he was honest and said no. So I told him not to do it again and I would let it go this time. He thanked me and left. Have not seen him since. BUT. Later that day We were on the other side of the property and jumped a nice 10 point out. Just as I Entered the back side on one feild I heard a shot. Once again i went to investigate. Two trucks were at the edge of the road with six guys sragging this buck off the property. I asked them if they had permission to be there and one guy started to get smart with me saying they tracked it from Sate property and they had every right to go and get it. ( Which is not true) I had seen where they had shot it in the feild I had just crossed. But my buddy was about 200 yards way and I was alone with six guys with loaded firearms and an attitude who obviously had shot the deer road hunting. So I took down a plate number and left it at that. Let the DCNR take it from there.  Just goes to show you that people who have no respect for the law don't care if a peice of ground is privite or not. So we should not have a false sense of security when on privite ground. Always keep your gaurd up and be on the look out for other hunters no matter where you hunt.

silvestris

Postby silvestris » February 10th, 2009, 12:43 am

I knew a fella once who was consistently killing turkeys.  I asked if he was killing them on private or public ground.  He replied, private.  He said he wouldn't hunt public ground because it was too dangerous.  I said that I didn't know he was in a lease.  He replied that he was not.  I said do you have friends with private ground.  He said that he did not have any friends.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

greyghost

Postby greyghost » February 10th, 2009, 1:55 am

ORIGINAL: silvestris

I knew a fella once who was consistently killing turkeys.  I asked if he was killing them on private or public ground.  He replied, private.  He said he wouldn't hunt public ground because it was too dangerous.  I said that I didn't know he was in a lease.  He replied that he was not.  I said do you have friends with private ground.  He said that he did not have any friends.

[:D] Finally a poacher it seems with some integrity. [:D]

PreviousNext

Return to Strategies