drawing results online!

Spurred

drawing results online!

Postby Spurred » January 22nd, 2009, 11:07 am

The drawing results for spring are available online. Go to the licenses page. I drew second again this year. [:D]

wisturkeyhunter

RE: drawing results online!

Postby wisturkeyhunter » January 26th, 2009, 11:39 am

I got a first season tag for zone 1

wisbowhntr

Postby wisbowhntr » January 27th, 2009, 9:05 pm

I got week of April 22nd to the 26th in zone 3.Out of the four years that I have been turkey hunting this is the 2nd time I got that  week.I have always got the same zone so far.[:D][:)]

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 28th, 2009, 2:00 am

just wqndering how your draw and zones work here in n.y. we buy tags in the fall you get two in for fall hunting and two for spring in some places of the state you can only use one of them but the tags are good for the whole state.

tjmeyers

Postby tjmeyers » January 28th, 2009, 4:37 pm

I drew April 29 through May 2. It's the one week I have previous commitment. It's a dinner to benefit Operation Military Families First. I'm screwed and probably won't be able to hunt this year.[:@]

wisturkeyhunter

Postby wisturkeyhunter » January 29th, 2009, 1:48 pm

ORIGINAL: grizzly

just wqndering how your draw and zones work here in n.y. we buy tags in the fall you get two in for fall hunting and two for spring in some places of the state you can only use one of them but the tags are good for the whole state.

In the spring we have 6, 5 day seasons starting mid april. Start on a wed. and end the following Sunday. Then the next season starts the next wed. and so on through may when the 6 seasons have been completed. Now that you have an understanding of the season structure I'll explain the draw.
You fill out an app before august 10th. I always draw one of the first 3 seasons. You find out in Jan or feb which zone and season you draw. Towards the end of march the surplus tags that weren't given away through the draw go on sale. Once they go on sale you can purchase one a day till they are gone. In the past some zones never sold outta tags. It may be different this year cause they restructured the zones from close to 50 to now only 7. As a non res you won't have as good a odds of drawing an earlier season.
In the fall you send in an app for the zone you want. I've always drawn a fall tag. Surplus fall tags are also available and easy to obtain.
So sending in for the draw isn't really needed unless you gotta hunt an earlier season.

wisgobbler

Postby wisgobbler » January 31st, 2009, 6:31 pm

I drew for the 3rd season again this year and I will probably buy the 5th season also.
My dad received the 1st season which got me pretty pumped! I have never hunted the 1st season before and am excited.
Kyle

NastyRack

Postby NastyRack » February 6th, 2009, 2:51 am

ImageImage

Return to Wisconsin