Illinois Turkey hunting

Have a question about the Turkey and Turkey Hunting forum? You'll find the answers here.

Moderator: Brian Lovett

Illinoisowner

Illinois Turkey hunting

Postby Illinoisowner » November 17th, 2012, 1:31 pm

A few years back some friends did Turkey hunting on my property and seemed to do well. It has not been hunted since nor prior to them hunting so for all practical purposes my farm has never been turkey hunted but I sure see a lot of them. For the coming years I’d like to have a few people hunt in the spring but don’t know if a forum like this is the best way to attract hunters. I have 270 acres and for anyone hunting I would also provide a fully furnished home. But, as I said, I’m just now getting the word out and this is the first place I tried. So, if anyone is interested I’d be glad to chat.

ads1

Re: Illinois Turkey hunting

Postby ads1 » February 18th, 2013, 6:31 pm

I am located in Lawrence County Illinois and just getting into turkey hunting. Turkey permits are drawn by county in a lottery so to hunt you have to select a county and then be drawn. If that is not correct, someone please correct me.

Steve_In

Re: Illinois Turkey hunting

Postby Steve_In » February 19th, 2013, 9:35 am

In Indiana if you allow hunting but do not collect a fee the property owner cannot be held liable should there be any kind of accident. There are different laws when there is a fee involved. You may check with the county extension office for this info or contact the DNR. Too much pressure can drive the birds off onto another property so you may not want to book solid but let the turkeys rest a few days between hunts. I would look at this long term and offer quality hunts where the hunters will be wanting to book next year before their hunt is over. You don't want bad reports so go for quality not quantity.
This forum should be a good place to get the ball rolling.
Welcome and good luck in your endeavor.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Return to Welcome to the Turkey and Turkey Hunting Forum