recomendations

trkyklr

RE: recomendations

Postby trkyklr » March 3rd, 2009, 12:54 pm

they didnt have a season there (east side) last year...i worked in g'hill & the guy with the 90 worked for me..we talked turkey daily he has never been & always talked about seeing them on his land...now the guy with the big farm i haven't talked to in a while but i know if he still owns the farm there won't be an issue with hunting...i can probably gather up some more farms between now & then...the company i work for has always been at the state line & i've employed many a bama boy...you goin' could be arranged

YEKRUT

Postby YEKRUT » March 3rd, 2009, 2:41 pm

ORIGINAL: trkyklr
one is 90 acres in greenhill & the other is 260 on blue water creek....

I'm only 10 miles down the orad, I would be glad to assist you in thinning one or two out. :)

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » March 3rd, 2009, 2:47 pm

i'm bout 22 min down the road from g'hill myself

Snedley

Postby Snedley » March 4th, 2009, 6:10 am

I can be in Greenhill in  less than an hour. I'm not sure how much less cause I rarely go that way.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 4th, 2009, 12:21 pm

i think i'm breakin' out in hives ! all this talk about tons of birds , big farms ,EARLY SEAONS , april 1st,,,,,WHAAAAA!!!! HOW CAN I LAST UNTIL APRIL 20 ? knowin' you fellers will be out there runnin' new calls and collectin' CHIGGERS , an most likely tippin' a few birds over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I NEED THERAPY !!!

'' old school turkey tactics ''

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » March 4th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Hey Mark,Just think about us poor fools getting up at 4 oclock when you get up at 8 am. We start here the last of the month.

shootingsports

Postby shootingsports » March 5th, 2009, 3:24 am

Trkyklr - If you looking for turkey in the northern part of Alabama on WMA land the area to go is on the Black Warrior Management Area (attached below is the email to a map).

http://www.outdooralabama.com/hunting/wildlife-areas/wmamaps/
"You pay your dues for every gobbler, but do not be selfish in teaching others from your success which comes from laying down the miles of shoe leather during the pre-scout".

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 5th, 2009, 11:44 am

been more than 15 years since i stayed in bed till 8 o' clock . i hate to miss a sunrise,,,feel like a drunkard if i sleep till 6 .

Yelp softly

Postby Yelp softly » February 24th, 2010, 4:43 pm

I grew up in Killen and I can attest that the reason they had such a short season was that they didn't have any birds, or deer for that matter when I was a kid.

I learned to turkey hunt after moving south to go to college.  Alot has changed in that area in the last 15 years.

Previous

Return to Alabama