Fall Season here in Ontario almost here

TurkeyJohn

Fall Season here in Ontario almost here

Postby TurkeyJohn » October 7th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Hey Folks,

Our Thanksgiving is around the corner on Monday and you know what that means. Turkey season the next day opens for the fall here for 2 weeks. Make the most of it if you can. Let's try to get this Ontario site popping with lots of reports of success in the woods and photos to share as well.

Good luck to all and be safe,
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

perrysbirds

Re: Fall Season here in Ontario almost here

Postby perrysbirds » February 10th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Here is the one I killed this past fall...

dewey

Postby dewey » February 10th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Hey perrysbirds congratulations! Do you have any story to share with that smile?

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

perrysbirds

Postby perrysbirds » February 10th, 2012, 9:47 pm

First of all Im not sure what happen to my 870 in that picture...lol
Well this was the fourth fall now in Ontario that we have had a fall hunt....
Ive been lucky enough to be successful on all four fall seasons...
This hunt wasnt anything special....I saw a 5 or 6 birds out in a field and i kinda did the sneaking up thing on them and picked one out...I havent tried busting them up yet and calling them back in....maybe this fall i will give it a try...
Im sure I have a better picture than that hanging around...lol

dewey

Postby dewey » February 10th, 2012, 11:40 pm

perrysbirds wrote:Ive been lucky enough to be successful on all four fall seasons...
This hunt wasnt anything special....I saw a 5 or 6 birds out in a field and i kinda did the sneaking up thing on them and picked one out...I havent tried busting them up yet and calling them back in....maybe this fall i will give it a try...

Heck it sounds like you have a great system going if you are going four for four in the fall. The old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Thanks for sharing.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

perrysbirds

Postby perrysbirds » February 11th, 2012, 3:45 am

dewey wrote:
perrysbirds wrote:Ive been lucky enough to be successful on all four fall seasons...

Heck it sounds like you have a great system going if you are going four for four in the fall. The old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Thanks for sharing.

Dewey

Yeah with a shorten fall season...I beleive they give us 12 days this fall...Trying to get out in between your work schedule is hard as well.....So I try to get the job done the best way I can...

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » February 16th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Great bird Perry,

At least you were seeing some, let alone harvesting one. I didn't even see any in my usual haunts. Good luck this spring,

John
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

Return to Ontario