License Purchase Changes

charlie elk

License Purchase Changes

Postby charlie elk » March 6th, 2012, 9:37 am

WDNR has upgraded their website and license purchase procedure.

2012 licenses will be available March 7th for residents here - http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/restypes.asp

My nonresident friends 2012 licenses will be available March 9 here - http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/nonrestypes.asp

I took a test tour and found like a commercial site WDNR is pushing their magazine as you checkout. This could be a pain while trying to buy those hard to get OTC permits in the competitive units and time periods. He who pay first gets the permit even if someone else had placed it in their cart but has not made it out of the checkout line. (Just ask Dewey about his attempt in 2011) I did not see an option where you could opt out so that the magazine offer would quit showing up. Suppose the only way to do that is to buy the magazine or a patron license. Then you get the magazine as part of the package.
There was a time I always bought the patron license but quit because I don't fish or use the state parks any more and I like all my dollars going to the hunting side of the WDNR.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

turkey junky

Re: License Purchase Changes

Postby turkey junky » March 6th, 2012, 12:40 pm

i have to wait till march 9th a charlie??? man they keep bumping the dates back???

so about the magazine prob when buying the license? cant i just ignore the magazine offer??? & continue on to my check out & get my license like normal??? or if i dont register to get the magazine will there be a prob if i just check out???

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 6th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Yeah first time that I've seen NR put off on license sales I have no idea why.
You have to click past the magazine offer, just might take a couple of valuable seconds. I practice calling, practice shooting and now I'll have to practice buying a license. :roll:

When you buy your license on the 9th you'll see what I mean.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 6th, 2012, 8:08 pm

sound good thanks for the heads up charlie

Return to Wisconsin