Surplus Tags Sale

joeturkey

RE: Surplus Tags Sale

Postby joeturkey » March 27th, 2011, 3:35 am

Hey Charlie; You sir are officially to be known as a taghog or some other tag sumthin!!!!lol, that's 4 sure!! Good luck this year!!  joe 
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 27th, 2011, 4:40 am

Hey Charlie; You sir are officially to be known as a taghog or some other tag sumthin!!!!lol, that's 4 sure!! Good luck this year!! joe

How about a dedicated turkey hunter who wants to be out there and believes in supporting turkey hunting with his money? 
Last year there were 24,000 tags left unsold. That is $240,000 - nearly a quarter of million bucks that did not support turkey hunting projects.
 If dedicated hunters like me don't buy these tags they end up unsold.  In these times of  tight budgets we should all step up buy an extra tag even if we are not able to use it.  Is there any better way to make a contribution to our beloved way of life?
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 27th, 2011, 7:27 am

I picked up a few more tags, I've got tags for seasons zone 3>C,D, zone 1>E, zone 2>F. Hope the weather is good and the birds are active.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 27th, 2011, 7:43 am

Tags that are still left.....
Zone 1- D = 3620, E = 9914, F = 11573
Zone 3 - D = 3921, E = 8681, F = 9872
Zone 4 - E = 763, F = 4473
Zone 5 - F = 1131

As of 3/25/11
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 28th, 2011, 5:56 am

As of 10:00 AM Monday 28th there are 44,114 tags left including a few thousand for season D in Units 1 & 3.  I don't think any season D tags have ever been left this late in the OTC sales cycle.

Here is the link to check em out. 
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/springturkey/
later,
charlie

dewey

Postby dewey » March 28th, 2011, 8:08 am

I kinda wish I had done a little bit more research and learned/realized that an extra tag for a NR hunter is only ~$18. For some reason I thought each tag was ~$85[:@], for ~$15 I would have gotten another one for zone 4 time period E but of course now there are only F left. I won't make that mistake next year.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 28th, 2011, 2:50 pm

Yeah dewey, WI actually is a low cost NR tag compared to some states, and if you hunt the later seasons you can get extra tags for that zone. Not a bad deal at all.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 28th, 2011, 3:05 pm

For some reason I thought each tag was ~$85, for ~$15 I would have gotten another one for zone 4 time period E but of course now there are only F left. I won't make that mistake next year.

Sorry dewey when we were corresponding about a hunting spot for you I should have mentioned that to you.
Next year you will want to apply for a license by Dec 10 that way when you get drawn your license comes with a tag included for $85 and then you can buy your $15 second, third, fourth....
Well you get the idea. 
later,
charlie

dewey

Postby dewey » April 1st, 2011, 4:39 am

I would like to invite Charlie/Scott/Arrowsonly or anyone else that has a zone 4 time period E turkey tag to come along with me and hunt turkeys from along the St. Croix National Park North of Marine on St Croix. I have a majority of the details already worked out so feel free to ask me any questions if you are interested.

My plan is to camp at one of a couple river island campsites and then hunt the WI banks during the day. If you are interested in coming along please let me know. My plan is to hunt May 12-15 but any time somebody wanted to join me we could work out the details later.

I was planning on going by myself but the boss, the wifey, isn't overly thrilled about the idea. I have no qualms about doing it since I am comfortable in a canoe and camping dating back to my boy scout days but the wifey is a little nervous.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » April 1st, 2011, 6:50 am

Thanks for the invite dewey I am hunting with my daughter that season in unit 1.
Here is a picture of a St Croix turkey to help add to your excitement. 

later,
charlie

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin