Spring Drawing Results are Posted Online

charlie elk

Spring Drawing Results are Posted Online

Postby charlie elk » January 24th, 2012, 10:20 am

WDNR has completed the spring drawing. You can view your permit if drawn here.
https://jc.activeoutdoorsolutions.com/w ... /goHome.do

I was drawn for my second choice, second season in unit 4. 8-) I enter as a landowner so this means there were a lot more applicants for season 1 this year. With all the leftover tags available there is a sharp increase in the number of early season applicants. And why not get your first permit during a season you can't buy OTC then fill out each succeeding season with an extra.

They don't have the leftover permit page updated as I write this (9 am 1/24), that will be done later today.
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/springturkey/

Good luck to all applicants hope you get the season of your dreams.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

turkey junky

Re: Spring Drawing Results are Posted Online

Postby turkey junky » January 24th, 2012, 1:15 pm

good man charlie hope there is plenty of season D unit 1s left over

putt

Postby putt » January 24th, 2012, 7:50 pm

Thanks for the alert, Charlie. I got the early word at work today.

Another bummer draw for me this year. The previous 3 years I drew my 5th choice, the 5th period, in my home zone 2. This year I drew 4th period D, zone 2. Not the improvement I was hoping for.

And again guys all around me in the office drew their 1st or 2nd choices, most in my zone. Including the guy who for the 5th year in a row drew the 1st period, my zone. This is the guy who doesn't bother to hunt his permit some years. And who only applies for 1st & 2nd periods. Sheesh.

I really must have teed-off some DNR guy who has access to the DNR computer. I don't know what I did, but I'd sure like to find him & apologize.

Charlie ... last year your zone had 1000+ 3rd period permits left over. I sure hope that's the case again, 'cause I'll be headed that way if so.

Putt

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 24th, 2012, 8:37 pm

id only assume that if you only pick 1 or 2 time periods like dont go for a 5th back up choice & so on & u mite have a better chance at get n drawn for the time periods u really want??? maybe not...??? when i apply next year i will only be sending in for 1 time period to hunt like MN pick 1 season/unit & hit or miss...

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » January 24th, 2012, 9:02 pm

W T H ! no left over tags till the last two weeks! Last year there were zone 1 leftover tags for the third week, C late April...
Oh' well looks the T & TH hunt week E zone 3 will be the only game in town for me this year. Hey Scott from Willow Ridge Calls; I have been in touch with two of the Wildlife Biologest's from Washara County in regards to specific public lands in the Wautoma area.
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 24th, 2012, 9:26 pm

arrowsonly wrote:W T H ! no left over tags till the last two weeks! Last year there were zone 1 leftover tags for the third week, C late April...
Oh' well looks the T & TH hunt week E zone 3 will be the only game in town for me this year. Hey Scott from Willow Ridge Calls; I have been in touch with two of the Wildlife Biologest's from Washara County in regards to specific public lands in the Wautoma area.

I think you are looking at last years info posted in May of 2011.

They haven't posted this years yet as I write this.

And thank you Charlie for posting that the results are in.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

dewey

Postby dewey » January 24th, 2012, 10:12 pm

I was just going to point that out to our angry friend but you beat me to it. I should point out that I was just trying to give arrows a hard time.
:D
Dewey
Last edited by dewey on January 25th, 2012, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 24th, 2012, 11:32 pm

dewey wrote:I was just going to point that out to our angry friend but you beat me to it.

Dewey

I didn't take it as he was angry. I did the same WTH when I looked for the leftover tags. It was a scratchin' my head WTH. :D

Then I thought that can't be right...and looked at the date. Whew! :roll: :mrgreen:
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 25th, 2012, 8:38 am

There is a glitch reporting up the leftover tags they'll be getting to it soon which means they may have to make a new page with a different link. I am really anxious to see how many and where the leftovers are. Usually I am not a big fan of leftovers, however when it comes to these the more the merrier. :D

There are guys like that around me too Putt, they are just plain lucky and are usually the same ones that get drawn for all the good stuff at the banquets. WDNR has no preference system in this draw so we all start each year as first timers making luck a valuable asset. You mentioned the lucky guy in your office doesn't even buy his tag each year. This apparently is not uncommon as it appears by comparing license sales to drawn tags about 20-25,000 successful applicants do not buy and therefore do not go turkey hunting; worse these tags do not go into the leftover OTC sale. :evil:

To the NR applicants -- I apologize; WI does not treat you equally with residents; All residents who apply are drawn first then NR are drawn for what is left. Some of us have tried to change this for you but the majority of resident turkey hunters won't have it any other way. But at least the price of NR license and tags is the best deal going in the nation.
NR increase their chance of successfully drawing by applying for later seasons as their first choice this appears to be 4th season or later in most units.
Last edited by charlie elk on January 25th, 2012, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
later,
charlie

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 25th, 2012, 8:44 am

Charlie ... last year your zone had 1000+ 3rd period permits left over. I sure hope that's the case again, 'cause I'll be headed that way if so.

Me too, if there is good luck getting one and let me be the first to welcome you into the area. There is plenty of room for more hunters out here and as you know the hunting is spectacular no matter the season.
later,
charlie

Return to Wisconsin