Number of Fall Turkey Hunters

charlie elk

Number of Fall Turkey Hunters

Postby charlie elk » September 1st, 2011, 2:07 pm

The points Putt raised on the fall turkey license post got me to wondering and then researching.
After an extensive conversation with 2 of our very helpful WDNR turkey managers we determined or I should say they determined WI had 34,627 active fall turkey hunters in 2010. About 70.8% of the drawn permits are followed up with a license purchase. This includes those permits awarded to patron license holders. In 2010 there were 50,752 patrons of which only 8,026 apply for a fall turkey permit.

The average fall turkey hunter only hunts 6.3 days of the 102 day season. 24.8% of all turkeys killed were incidental to bow deer hunting. So my fellow turkey hunting nuts there is plenty of available tags, days and places to hunt turkeys across the great state of Wisconsin this fall.

Is WI - turkey hunting heaven or what?

Or maybe I am asleep and dreaming, if that is the case please do not wake me up. :lol:
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Number of Fall Turkey Hunters

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » September 11th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Yes Sir, lots of tags for the fall seasons. 5 days and a wake up till seasons open. You got your pup ready to run Charley?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

charlie elk

Re: Number of Fall Turkey Hunters

Postby charlie elk » September 13th, 2011, 8:42 pm

As ready as can be, he'll be 9 months and 2 days on Saturday. So it should be interesting; it will be his first time and my first time with a turkey dog. We've finding lots of turkeys, can't hardly wait.
Good Luck.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Return to Wisconsin