Wis 2013 leftover availability

Treerooster

Wis 2013 leftover availability

Postby Treerooster » March 9th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Anybody have the Wis 2013 leftover permit availability BEFORE the permits went on sale?

I want to compare this years leftover numbers with last years. specifically zone 4.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Re: Wis 2013 leftover availability

Postby charlie elk » March 10th, 2014, 10:24 am

Putt will have it. I forgot to take a screen shot last year. However, my memory, if that can be trusted, seems to think the numbers in 4 are about the same except for season D there are fewer but not my much.
Also my memory thinks the sale of permits was much slower in 2013 than in previous years. But then my memory is so busy remembering all the snow and cold of spring 2013 it might just still be frozen in place. ;)
My advice to would be turkey hunters thinking about buying extra permits. Just wait until you see what the weather forecast is like before wasting your money on additional permits you won't want to use. Just buy the permit a week before. That way, from the warm comfort of your home you can just laugh at the serious turkey hunting nuts like charlie, treerooster, gopherlongbeards, willowridge, etc. who will be out there no matter what.

Btw, who else is a serious turkey hunting nut?
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

putt

Postby putt » March 11th, 2014, 2:48 pm

Treerooster wrote:Anybody have the Wis 2013 leftover permit availability BEFORE the permits went on sale?

Charlie Elk wrote:Putt will have it

That hurts, Charlie, that you'd think that I'd be that anal to keep all that stuff year-to-year.

OK, I did. Here you go, Treerooster:

2013 Leftovers 600x303.jpg
2013 Leftovers 600x303.jpg (59.39 KiB) Viewed 114 times

In the permit-poor zone 2 where I live, you gotta plan your permit strategy. Charlie lives where he can go down anytime & buy a sack full of permits. ;)

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 11th, 2014, 5:31 pm

im a turkey nut charlie just not bitten by the fall bug yet... i was out in wind snow sleet rain cold & 99+ degree temps just last season do i qualify??? lol i do like you strategy thats how i tend to be now days if i can avoid the bad weather i will if not make the best of a bad situation i guess...

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » March 11th, 2014, 6:44 pm

putt wrote:That hurts, Charlie, that you'd think that I'd be that anal to keep all that stuff year-to-year.

:lol:

Thank you Putt.

Actually I printed it off, but I am so scatter brained I lost it. :mrgreen:
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 13th, 2014, 10:43 am

putt wrote:That hurts, Charlie, that you'd think that I'd be that anal to keep all that stuff year-to-year.

Putt, you're so much more organized and thorough than me it only seemed right to compliment you. :)

[
turkey junky wrote:im a turkey nut charlie just not bitten by the fall bug yet...

If you give the fall bug a chance it'll bite you. Lola your little Musterlander is looking forward that time.

Last spring I met a couple of guys from IA who had old pheasant dogs, 1 a 12 year old Brittany and the other a 14 yr. old black lab. Both masters are sad about retiring their best friends from the pheasant fields. I explained turkey dogging to them and they bought WI NR licenses last fall to try it out. I believe it is a short step for a bird dog to find, flush turkeys and sit still during callback. Especially for old bird dogs, the sitting still is a welcome rest. Anyway, both of these dogs successfully scattered turkeys and stayed still next to their masters during callback and shooting. These guys and dogs are now fall turkey addicts. Both told me the fall turkeys they got were more rewarding than any spring gobbler because they did it with their best hunting buddies.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Return to Wisconsin