Dodge Co. Banquet

WillowRidgeCalls

Dodge Co. Banquet

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 8th, 2014, 12:23 am

Looking forward to our Dodge Co. NWTF Banquet tomorrow night. We are having the 2013 turkey stamp artist Craig Fairbert there, and he is going to paint us a turkey picture at the banquet for our live auction. It will be interesting to watch him paint and chat with him. It's been a long time since I've touched a brush, but have been thinking of getting back into it a little, for a little custom work on some calls, going to need a big mag-glass to do that small of work on a 1.75 turkey :roll: . Will be nice to have Charley Burk our RnD back this year also, he's been down at Nationals running the call building competition. It should be an interesting banquet, looking forward to it :D . Got informed this afternoon that our Chapter President wants two calls for tomorrow nights banquet to present to our Vice Pres. and our Tres. at the banquet, so I've been bustin butt to get them built, tuned and finished before tomorrow :roll: , looks like an all nighter to night for sure, then finishing the set up in the morning and then the banquet tomorrow night. This time of the year is always a busy time for builders, until the season starts, 18/20 hour days are common. Talk to ya'll tomorrow night :shock: .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Dodge Co. Banquet

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 10th, 2014, 10:51 am

Need to make a correction to my post. The artist wasn't Craig Fairbert, it was Virgil Beck our 2014 turkey stamp artist. It was amazing to watch him do a complete picture from start to finish in just a couple hours, with great detail of a gobbler in a medow. Beautiful work, wish I had taken my camera to get a pic of the picture for you to see.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Wisconsin